Kings of Leon anyone?

Guest jeff_bobbins

They headlined last year. They've got bigger as 2008 went on. I doubt Eavis would have the same headliner two years running. Sorry mate, as much as I'd like to see them again I can't see it happening.

I love KOL........Saw them 3 times in a year and will most likely try and see them again if they are knocking around but I would not want them to headline Glasto two years in a row...........Every year should have its own unique headliners really...........the 3 being thrown around at the mo sound good to me even if I probably would not choose them myself..............I would defo choose KOL over some of them but not to play Glasto this year...........and even next year would be too early in my book really.........

I enjoyed them but my daughter went nuts for them. So that just about sums it up.

However saying that, I do like them and they are in my car with me at the moment.

But you are right they were a little, how shall we say it. Boring on stage?.

Edited by Red Day

Their first album aha shake heartbreak is brilliant, but then after that it all goes downhill from there and sounds just like any other indie band, cause thats what they are in the end, any other indie band. I had no choice to see them headline since my sis really likes them, but we got bored shitless so went to see fatboy slim, but couldn't be bothered to walk there since we were so tired after our first band day, so went to the cinema feild and watched transformers instead and had a brilliant time!

Anyone else see transformers that night?

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

an artist that has stage presence and can command such a vast amount of people in an indoor set up. YES KOL are big band but they lack stage appeal.

the are not the only floppers for the 02... recently chris brown flopped harder than a lead balloon! they may have 'loads of fans' and 'sell out' but that dont mean they got the get up for such a huge arena.

u have to have whole package, not just 'sales'.

I'd say they gradually peaked at Because Of The Times, it's their first album that I love every song on by them. For me in goes BOTT, AHSH, OBTN and Y&YM, think their debut is too over-rated only two songs I find are listenable. Only By The Night sounds too rushed and considering how well Ethan Johns produced Because Of The Times (IMO) sonically I felt let down, however the amount of good songs on it make me favour it to Youth & Young Manhood (Once again IMO).

I'd say they gradually peaked at Because Of The Times, it's their first album that I love every song on by them. For me in goes BOTT, AHSH, OBTN and Y&YM, think their debut is too over-rated only two songs I find are listenable. Only By The Night sounds too rushed and considering how well Ethan Johns produced Because Of The Times (IMO) sonically I felt let down, however the amount of good songs on it make me favour it to Youth & Young Manhood (Once again IMO).