2009's first listed Rumour!

Guest jamesbduk

Kasabian are the first act to be listed on the V 2009 Line Ups and Rumours page, and it's about time too!

Not a huge suprise that they're back, though i doubt they'll be any higher up the bill than in 2007.

Didn't Tom say that they'd only come back as headliners though??

Main stage, second from top i reckon...

Kasabian are the first act to be listed on the V 2009 Line Ups and Rumours page, and it's about time too!

Not a huge suprise that they're back, though i doubt they'll be any higher up the bill than in 2007.

Didn't Tom say that they'd only come back as headliners though??

Main stage, second from top i reckon...

As much as i like Kasabian as a live act (and they were brilliant at V in both 2006 and 2007) they have played V loads over the past few years and i would prefer to see someone else playing in the headliner/second from top slot on the main stage. It was would seem a lazy booking to me.

Edited by Tom_BG

where is this?

can you link it?

EDIT nevermind, for those who like me were looked at Staffs and it just says 2008's information only, you have to look at Chelms to get 2009's information

So Kasabian, to be honest they're a great live band, shocked that they would be playing V again though, if they are headlining main stage then yeah its a shit booking UNLESS, V have done what they were thinking of and making V a 3 day festival, in that case its a fair booking, I would love it though if they headlined the JJB, the atmosphere would be unbelievable, I don't don't think thats too far fetched that they could headline the JJB after Chemical Brothers did it last year

Edited by luckysalt

Hell yeah Kasabian would be AMMMMAAAAAAAAZZZIIIIINNNNGG! Oh my god I've done a little wee of excitement. (Ok not really) Maybe headlining C4 stage or JJB, or 2nd on Main stage, yeah? Cooooool! Sweeeeet! Looooooonnnngggg drrraaaaggged ooouuut woooorrrrds wooooooooooooooooooo!

As much as i like Kasabian as a live act (and they were brilliant at V in both 2006 and 2007) they have played V loads over the past few years and i would prefer to see someone else playing in the headliner/second from top slot on the main stage. It was would seem a lazy booking to me.

where is this?

can you link it?

EDIT nevermind, for those who like me were looked at Staffs and it just says 2008's information only, you have to look at Chelms to get 2009's information

eh? No you don't. That applies only to news, because the news for both sites of V festival is (in most cases) applicable for both sites.

Aside from the news, all of the Staffordshire stuff is found in the Staffordshire listing - here.

It's only a rumour at the moment i know but does anyone else think that V is going to struggle to attract a massive headliner this year? If the headliners were Kasabian and the Killers i think that would be very poor and they were headliners only two years ago.

Edited by Tom_BG

On your homepage, click advanced search and then when it lists the major festivals, click V staffordshire and it brings up 2008 information

Im talking from this page, I have found V staffs for 2009 now, but from that page it links to 2008

the link on this page http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/

so it does - apologies for the cock-up, it's now been corrected.

If Kasabian headline it would be very disappointing IMO, hardly a marquee name & they've played twice in the last 3 years! 2nd from top main stage or 2nd stage headliner yes. They pissed all over the Killers in 07' but then again the Killers are never more than average. V have a history of having the same acts as Glasto. I'm hoping for Jay-z & The Boss...nice & eclectic.

If Kasabian headline it would be very disappointing IMO, hardly a marquee name & they've played twice in the last 3 years! 2nd from top main stage or 2nd stage headliner yes. They pissed all over the Killers in 07' but then again the Killers are never more than average. V have a history of having the same acts as Glasto. I'm hoping for Jay-z & The Boss...nice & eclectic.

• 2 weeks later...