Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

mmm and it continues...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant that. Do I have to start a new accoutn to register as PhilVictorius or can i just change my user name?

Ask Neil I think mate. Didn't Rufus get his name changed?

I think you should. llcoolphil doesn't suit you! :P

Not bad. Can anyone tell me what this knocking four times is. Is it the Master returning?

I'm guessing we'll find out.

I thought it might have been the TARDIS Cloister Bell ringing at the end, but I think it'll be far more obvious and more will be made of it.

I'm guessing we'll find out.

I thought it might have been the TARDIS Cloister Bell ringing at the end, but I think it'll be far more obvious and more will be made of it.

TARDIS cloister bell?? Whits that? I'm guessing you know more than me, so any ideas? I'm still saying the Master after the drum fingers a couple of series ago. But I've not got a clue realy.

TARDIS cloister bell?? Whits that? I'm guessing you know more than me, so any ideas? I'm still saying the Master after the drum fingers a couple of series ago. But I've not got a clue realy.

The lady off the bus from the last special warned The Doctor that 'he will knock four times.' And somehting to do with your story is ending but I can't quite remember.

But if you watched the adverts after tonights I think it said quite clearly where this is heading...

Is it me or did they really really overdo t on the dramatic music last night. Are the writers incapable of creating tension without dramatic music, it completely ruins nearly every episode...

Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit..... :P

Is it me or did they really really overdo t on the dramatic music last night. Are the writers incapable of creating tension without dramatic music, it completely ruins nearly every episode...

Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit.....Dramatic music....run aroud a bit..... :P

I think it's great - try comparing it to the appalling synthesized sounds of the 70's episodes!!! :P

sifi - what did you make of it?

I would just like to register my excitement about the upcoming specials/exit/regeneration/evolution thing as well. Dr Who is a secret (till now) and guilty pleasure of mine.

Oh...and I got choked up whilst watching "Forest of the Dead". I love a good self-sacrifice-for-love kinda plot. *sniffle*

"...time can be re-written."

"Not those times. Not one line. Dont you dare".

Oh God Im off again! *choke*

Sorry, uber-geekness got the better of me there.

The Cloister Bell is a bell inside the TARDIS that only rings when there is a dire emergency about to happen. The first time it rang was in the story called Logopolis when Tom Baker's Doctor bit the dust and regenerated into Peter Davison.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it's nothing to do with the 'knocking 4 times' thing. Because it's a gong, not a knock.

I'm sure whatever it is will be overly dramatic. It's a sort of story arc since the previous special so I reckon it'll be a key part of the next story.

So is anyone on board with Donnas ring being something to do with The Masters ring? There is no doubt in my mind that it has some sort of significance to the plot at Christmas, but whether it is linked to The Master I do not know. The way they kept getting it into shot reflecting light was just too much of a coincidence, especially in the last scene with her and The Doctor when she is on the phone.

Thoughts?

sifi - what did you make of it?

It was alright. I think it heated up nicely for the last fifteen minutes or so.

I think Ood character is a watcher. And spot on with the cloister bell. Wasn't it in Castrovalva that Tegan and Adric and possibly Nyssa were carrying The Doctor around in a box made from the Cloister room?

I didn't watcht the spoiler at the end though. I needed a wee.

It was alright. I think it heated up nicely for the last fifteen minutes or so.

I think Ood character is a watcher. And spot on with the cloister bell. Wasn't it in Castrovalva that Tegan and Adric and possibly Nyssa were carrying The Doctor around in a box made from the Cloister room?

I didn't watcht the spoiler at the end though. I needed a wee.

The watcher! Nice work. I'd like that. But the watcher WAS the Doctor though, wasn't he? I know Matt Smith is no oil painting, but at least he doesn't have genitals under his nose. Maybe he just 'oversees' the Doctor's change?

It was Castrovalva, but the box the Doctor was in was from the Zero Room - a room that he could go to for recovery that had no external influence. The cloister bell was something different. If you remember, they had to jettison part of the Tardis to escape - and the Zero Room was sacrificed.

themuel - I think you may be onto something there. The Master's ring will surely have some sort of significance.

It was Castrovalva, but the box the Doctor was in was from the Zero Room - a room that he could go to for recovery that had no external influence. The cloister bell was something different. If you remember, they had to jettison part of the Tardis to escape - and the Zero Room was sacrificed.

Of course it was. Well done.

The Master's ring will surely have some sort of significance.

I've just watched the spoiler on-line. I agree. Although I'm also interested to see the Master in a hoodie. How contemporary.

And how bizarre. I've passed up on an opportunity to ask you what's your huge interest in John Simm's ring.

Edited by sifimaster

I've just watched the spoiler on-line. I agree. I'm also interested to see the Master in a hoodie. How contemporary.

Best ever bad guy?

palpatine004.jpg

+

the_master.jpg

He would be a real bad-ass.

Man that was good.

I need to clarify something, when the Dr regenerates, obviously some of his character changes to suit the actor playing, butr is it possible in the story way of things that tennant becomes so up himself with changing time and stuff, that the only way to stop him continuing like this si to regenerate and loose that streak?

Man that was good.

I need to clarify something, when the Dr regenerates, obviously some of his character changes to suit the actor playing, butr is it possible in the story way of things that tennant becomes so up himself with changing time and stuff, that the only way to stop him continuing like this si to regenerate and loose that streak?

It has happened like that once, for Troughton into Pertwee. But the Time Lords did it, having convicted him of meddling.

Troughton regenerated into Pertwee because of the Time Lord punishment for meddling.

Pertwee regenerated into Baker because of some large spiders.

Baker into Davidson because he fell over.

Davidson into Shouty Baker because only Peri swallowed bat's spunk and not him too.

Baker into McCoy because he was shit. Although the Rani might have been involved.

McCoy into McGann because the show was cancelled / he was shot.

McGann into EcceThump because - well who knows?

Ecce Thump into Tennant because of the Billie Piper looking into the Eye or whatever rubbish it was.

Man that was good.

and there was me starting to think you were cool...

Man that was good.

The only reasons he's acting that way is because he's lonely, and he's constantly haunted by the fact he's going to die. When he regenerates, he will (or at least, he could) become a completely different man, so yes - he would certainly lose any traces meglomania he may have left by the end.

I think he's lost it anyway now - when Adelaide died, he knew he'd gone too far. I think we'll see the Doctor being less of a semi-evil nutcase and more defiant when faced with death. He knows the end is coming, and I think he's going to go out all guns blazing taking it head on.

Different Doctors have become completely different. Tom Baker was vastly different to both Jon Pertwee and Peter Davison. Troughton was different to Hartnell. Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy were poles apart too. So whilst I'm confident that Matt Smith will be an excellent Doctor, I hope he's different enough from Tennant. I'm sure Stephen Moffatt (the new executive producer) is aware of this.