Rock Werchter 2009

Guest mark_87

Am trying to book tickets through the website.... and having problems trying to register? anybody else having this trouble?...or is the webiste just down?

Also don't want to stay in C3... would prefer A1 like last year.... anyone else managed to have tickets posted rather than e-tickets?... so you can select the campsite when you get there.

Hope is isn't sold out...have just booked my train!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, booked my tickets so fairly happy about that but the trouble is my dopey mate who booked it went ahead and booked campsite C3 for some unknown reason. Is C3 really far away and is it dead? Is it possible to change the ticket to A3 does anyone think? Still though, pretty delighted I have my ticket!

Hello,

I am planning to go to this festival with my girlfriend for the whole 4 days but neither of us have been to a festival and I have some questions that need answering, I would really appreciate any constructive advice:

1 - Is anyone travelling from the North West, if so, how? I am planning to get a train to London and then Eurostar to Brussels (Seems practical as flying with all the camping stuff wouldn't be cheap/fun and plus I can't find nothing cheaper than the trains at the moment)

2 - I have read through this topic and seen alot about the campsites. When I book my tickets would it be best to avoid buying a camping ticket and paying on the door for the best site. Which is the best campsite as It is our first festival we wanna be in the best atmosphere (party).

3 - I keep reading about e-tickets not providing the free transport from Belgium, I am a little confused. If when we arrive at Brussels via the Eurostar will the e-ticket provide the free travel to the site or should I buy a 'posted' ticket?

Like I say this is our first festival and we are very inquisitive, especially since it's going to be abroad. If you can give us any advice we'll be very happy!!!

I'm heading from the midlands and will be going via eurostar - its only £49 return for a youth and that gets you to Leuven...head over on the wednesday and settle down in a bar in Leuven.

If party central is what you're looking for then A3 is a good shout actually. I personally prefer to have a mix of nationalities around so will head to B2 again, was good last year and we have a big group going anyways.

Your eurostar ticket gets you to "brussels or any belgium station" - so job done!

RW was my 1st festival, am sure you'll have a great time!

Hello,

I am planning to go to this festival with my girlfriend for the whole 4 days but neither of us have been to a festival and I have some questions that need answering, I would really appreciate any constructive advice:

1 - Is anyone travelling from the North West, if so, how? I am planning to get a train to London and then Eurostar to Brussels (Seems practical as flying with all the camping stuff wouldn't be cheap/fun and plus I can't find nothing cheaper than the trains at the moment)

2 - I have read through this topic and seen alot about the campsites. When I book my tickets would it be best to avoid buying a camping ticket and paying on the door for the best site. Which is the best campsite as It is our first festival we wanna be in the best atmosphere (party).

3 - I keep reading about e-tickets not providing the free transport from Belgium, I am a little confused. If when we arrive at Brussels via the Eurostar will the e-ticket provide the free travel to the site or should I buy a 'posted' ticket?

Like I say this is our first festival and we are very inquisitive, especially since it's going to be abroad. If you can give us any advice we'll be very happy!!!

Wooo first post on these forums....

anyways, just a few q's about Werchter, ive been to Roskilde for the past 2 years, and this year the lineup for werchter has taken my fancy over roskilde, so having a change of scenary and possibly a trip to amsterdam before the fest.

anyways... what sort of set lengths do the bands play at werchter? are they paid for a full gig set length or a weeny festival set length?

what sort of activites are going on, in the campsite/ festival ground during the weekend?

has it got a good atmosphere? friendly? good food?

does werchter have any crowd safety things, like golden circles which have to be queued for for specific bands? or is it just one crowd in front of one stage?

second stage is a tent yes?

the drinks tokens, im guessing when you que up to get your festival wristband on the thursday, you will get the drinks tokens you have bought aswell? also is there anything we should know about turning up/getting wristbands? like getting there early and stuff.... do people camp near the site on the wednesday to get in early and first?

what campsite is the best?

Wooo first post on these forums....

anyways, just a few q's about Werchter, ive been to Roskilde for the past 2 years, and this year the lineup for werchter has taken my fancy over roskilde, so having a change of scenary and possibly a trip to amsterdam before the fest.

anyways... what sort of set lengths do the bands play at werchter? are they paid for a full gig set length or a weeny festival set length?

what sort of activites are going on, in the campsite/ festival ground during the weekend?

has it got a good atmosphere? friendly? good food?

does werchter have any crowd safety things, like golden circles which have to be queued for for specific bands? or is it just one crowd in front of one stage?

second stage is a tent yes?

the drinks tokens, im guessing when you que up to get your festival wristband on the thursday, you will get the drinks tokens you have bought aswell? also is there anything we should know about turning up/getting wristbands? like getting there early and stuff.... do people camp near the site on the wednesday to get in early and first?

what campsite is the best?

Sets lengths start at 45 mins for the smaller bands and then work their way up to about 1hr30/2hours for the 2 headliners each night, just google last years time table and you'll see.

Apart from the Music, theres not much going on extra, theres nothing like cinemas or stuff like that, theres loads of promotional stuff like Sony usually have a big room to play consoles etc Coke last year had free haircuts and massages^^ theres lots of that stuff, and its worth having a look at as some of the free stuff are quite good!

Atomosphere is very relaxed and friendly. Food's fine, the usual festival stuff, pizza, chips, burgers etc.

You dont have to que for any of the stages, the main stage has a T barrier that sepperates the left and right at the front, i guess you'd call it the "pit" and you can walk in from either side, so its easy to get near the front for any band.

Yup the 2nd stage is a huge Pyramid Marquee.

If you've bought drink tokens online, then you pick them up for the drinks stand in the festival, just hand over the print out sheet and youll get the tokens you bought. If you havent bought any tokens before hand, you just buy them whenever you want, theres very rarley a que to buy the tokens, as theres tons of places to buy them, same goes for food.

On the Thursday the music only starts at 5PM, so try and get your festival wristband at like 1 or 2ish, as theres a bit of que around 5 as everyones going in at the same time.

Camping, A1 which is the nearest campsite to the festival site always fills up fast, personally i'd go for A4, its just off the main road where all the bars are, which are pritty fun and its about a 15min walk to the festival.