Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The souvenir tickets got posted much earlier this year. Also, if they know you bare from outside of Germany (or even Europe) I am sure Tickets per Post would try to post it as soon as possible.

Maybe the best option is just sending them an email about your situation, and ask them for a few options. Possibly it's even possible to pay in advance but just pick up the tickets at the information booth at Rock am Ring.

The souvenir tickets got posted much earlier this year. Also, if they know you bare from outside of Germany (or even Europe) I am sure Tickets per Post would try to post it as soon as possible.

Maybe the best option is just sending them an email about your situation, and ask them for a few options. Possibly it's even possible to pay in advance but just pick up the tickets at the information booth at Rock am Ring.

Squig has put some info on the fest selling out on the first page :P

Rock Am Ring - FAQ for British Festival-goers

How long does RAR usually take to sell out?

Expect 2009 to sell out earlier than last years due to 2 sold out years in a row and a reduced capacity of 80 000 this year.

In 2008 it had officially 'sold out' on the 15thish of March.

2007 was the first year for the festival to be sold out (also for Rock im Park). In 2007 it was sold out on May 10th or something, Rock im Park two weeks later (check needed).

It's selling well at the moment, as they said in the news announcements: 60 000 sold for RaR and RiP together, so (80 000+70 000-60 000)=90 000 tickets left for both, I guess 40 000 for RaR, 50 000 for RiP. I'd hurry up.

Edited by Squig

If you don't manage to get them in time you could try Seatwave. You'll be paying over the odds I'd imagine but better than missing out! Or, if you don't have transport already sorted you could book one of the inclusive coach trips (I don't know the name of the company though, sorry, I'm sure someone else here will know).

Hi all, forum virgin here, please be gentle!

I'm coming over from down under, and got a couple of questions if i may?

Firstly, what's the best way to get tickets here? i've seen some of the sites mentioned here but the postage to AUS will cost up to 60euros! Is there any other options that anyone knows about?

Also, are we able to leave the grounds after the first day finishes? We're staying nearby, and aren't going to camp, so just need to know if we can actually leave after the first night and come back the next day?

Thanks heaps in advance guys, much appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

PS: Phucken brilliant lineup so far!!!

Hey Dan,

My boyfriend and I are coming from Australia too! We haven't organised much more than our tickets for RAR at the moment but we'll get it sorted out soon!

So where in Oz are you trekking from? We're Adelaidians :D

About your question re: tickets, we just gritted our teeth and bent over when it comes to the cost of postage, I didn't want to risk any other method, I just hope that the postage is 100% hassle free! :rolleyes:

I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if there is a PM system etc, but I'll work it out and try to send you a message, would be good to chill with some other Aussies while we're there!

And a question to those who've done this all before... Tents... Can we hire them there or do we need to be bringing one with us? (I didn't see that in the FAQ)

Thanks Guys,

-Noodle

Edited by Superdan

Our group has just increased to 5! :rolleyes: I've got a car load!

To Noodle: I think tent hire is unlikely but you should be able to pick something cheap up somewhere in Germany so you don't need to bring one all the way from Oz. Have you thought about when you're flying in etc?

Edited by Avnon

I ordered my tickets last week through getgo.de and they arrived today.The site has an english section so wasnt too difficult to understand.they deliver via DHL and i thought the 30+ euro delivery charge was a bit excessive but there you go.look very different from the ticket above but i guess thats because its a souvenier ticket and i just ordered a regular weekend ticket wit camping.Roll on June.

I think tent renting is not organized by the RaR organizers themselves, but last year there was a UK based company doing that as far as I remember. A tent won't cost you much buying it in germany though (10€ for a one person tent, 40€ for a decent one for 3 persons).

I can sort out a shop in the city you land in when you know exactly what your travel plans are, since I am German.