Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a hotel may be better. Doesn't make that much of a difference for the travelling time I guess.

There's a private camping ground there called Müllenbach. You have to pay extra to camp there, but it is less than half an hour walking from the main entrance, the facilities are better and you'll have an electrical plug: http://www.camping-am-nuerburgring.de/

If you arrive just late friday or saturday you'll miss what sets RaR apart from other festivals though (the madness on the camping grounds). The stage layout for the main stage is actually inferior to the likes of Pinkpop, Hurricane or Werchter (this is my opinion of course, others may see that different).

Edited by Squig

haha, might be an idea!

Squig, i would bloody love to stay for the whole time and camp, that would be mint! unfortunately we'd booked most of the travel before i even knew when RaR was on. all these great events just keep popping up!

Edited by Superdan

If you need airport transfers from either Frankfurt Hahn or Koln/Bonn airports, then check out our new website at www.eufest.com/rock.

We have a bunch of buses scheduled to meet easyJet and Ryanair flights, and prices are just £16 each way fromKoln/Bonn and £18 from Frankfurt. And all our transfers run direct – no changes, no delays and no hassle.

So check out the site and, if you've got any questions, then just drop us an email on rock@eufest.com.

See you all down the front.

Derm :)

Edited by the_derminator

Hey,

I got my ticket for Rock Am Ring yesterday and im already waaayyyyyyy to excited. This will be my second time at RAR and i cant wait!

Last year I had to fligh from Stansted to Koln, because I was living in England, im now living in Amsterdam. Could someone please tell me how much the trains will be, i dont seem to be having much luck on the Trains website.

Cheers

Hey,

I got my ticket for Rock Am Ring yesterday and im already waaayyyyyyy to excited. This will be my second time at RAR and i cant wait!

Last year I had to fligh from Stansted to Koln, because I was living in England, im now living in Amsterdam. Could someone please tell me how much the trains will be, i dont seem to be having much luck on the Trains website.

Cheers

Hey everyone,

I'm really interested in going to RAR this year but there is A LOT I dont know about how it all works.

I'll be travelling from Sydney, Australia, and there a few questions I need answered (preferably by Squig because he seems to know everything :O

1. What form or forms of transport would I take from Frankfurt Airport to the Nurburgring? And how long would it take?

2. Approximately how much, in Euros, would it cost for that travel expense?

3. May I just set up my tent anywhere? Or is there specific camping grounds? Do these cost money?

4. Is there restrictions on how early you can get a camping spot? (say I wanted to set up on the Monday and party all the way to the last show.. Could i do that??)

5. Are the camping grounds just a place to stay outside of the actual concert arena/stages at night?? So you can wake up and easily make it to the next days worth of shows??

Sorry if I sound dumb but there is heaps I dont know about all of this... Basically, I'm just trying to plan my stay there, and if I'm going to pay around $2000 for flights and $300 for tickets I want it to be a worthwhile stay...

Mainly theres just a lot I dont know about the camping side of things.. and how the whole system operates..

Anyway thanks in advance for any responses..

Aaron.

If you book in advance on bahn.de you may be lucky and score tickets for 29€ each way.

Otherwise it gets to over 100€ in total I think. I may organize transportation by car from amsterdam though, and trust me, you want to by car to bring beer, and you want to go as early as possible. Do you study here? Maybe I know you lol. Did you happen to be at the ISN borrel yesterday?

Hey everyone,

I'm really interested in going to RAR this year but there is A LOT I dont know about how it all works.

I'll be travelling from Sydney, Australia, and there a few questions I need answered (preferably by Squig because he seems to know everything :D

Apologies if these questions have been answered somewhere else on this board, i have looked but couldnt find the exact answers(or i have missed them!)2 questions:

1.Is it realistic to get a taxi from Cologne-Bonn airport and if so what is the approximate price going to be?

2.Do they sell crates of beer at the festival on-site anywhere like they do at reading /leeds?and again, if so how much approx?i can see it being a problem transporting beer to the venue so dont mind paying a bit extra at the festival site.

Thanks in advance for any replys.

I think a taxi from Cologne-Bonn would be at least double as much as from Koblenz, so that really isn't advisable. Beer is sold on side, but only by the can, not in a crate. Price should be around .75€. per can, maybe more.

I'd advise on getting a train to Koblenz, stocking up at a supermarket there and either taking a taxi from there, or if, you arrive on wednesday or later, taking the shuttle bus.

Edited by Squig

There are close super markets, one in Adenau I think (maybe it may be worth checking out the area on gogle maps).

Still at least a walk of half an hour from the closest camping side, and that back uphill with crates of beer? not worth it.

You can ask for a bigger taxi (Grossraumtaxi in German), and have it come to the super market to pick you up. So you could look for a super market close to the airport and get the cap from there. if it's 4 of you 2 can watch the luggage and two can go shopping.

Thanks for the advice Squig much appreciated.yehah i think the bigger taxi from the airport with a stop off at a supermarket on the way is a good option.i know a bit of basic german so im sure i could get that across to the driver.Id expect to pay a bit more for a bigger taxi that may need to carry as many as 5 people.even if that went to over 100 euros then it aint bad between all of us i guess.

You should check for taxi company in Cologne at the website of the airport (if you can't find it tell me, I'll look then), so you could call them beforehand and inquire prices and possibilities.

Concerning the price, in the FAQ is written how much a cab from Hahn is to RaR. Check the distances from the airports to Nürburg with googlemaps, you should get an idea. Bigger taxis are more expensive when you use the bigger capacity in Germany, that is right, but not thaaaaat much afaik.