Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not ruling him out, just saying it would surprise me. But I think he already has two dates that weekend, so RaR / RiP won't be possible. MLK (the organizer) didn't want to have a similar situation as 06 when GnR only played RaR, as both festivals have the same ticket price.

Re English fessies: I wouldn't care about that.3 world cups are surely worth more than only one and two lousy wars :-P And you even cheated at the World Cup ;-)

(in doubt I'd just find some Scottish blokes to hang out with them ;-) )

Would be either Glastonburry or T in the Park, so...

Have the 'ringrocker crew' given up with the rumours page then? as there hasnt been any change on it for like a month and especially as Lamb Of God self confirmed about 3 weeks ago, and they havent taken off Franz Ferdinand who look like a million to one shot now as theyve already been confirmed for 2 other German Festivals.

And why are RaR taking SO long to announce bands? 2 people from my group have already bailed out because they're so slow in announcing bands and have now made other plans. Nova Rock announcement looks okay may look into that one now instead

I have a quick question:

My understanding at the moment is you arrive at the ring, park your car, walk to the campsite, set up your tent and then can go back to your car over the weekend for other stuff if you want. Is this correct? Are you able to drive off site whilst the festival is on?

The main difference concerning the layout between Rock am Ring and many other festivals is that instead of having one parking lot and one camping side you have lots of camping sides that are a bit further away from each other, and each of that camping side has it's own small parking lot. You get a sticker for your windshield saying which parking lot your car belongs to and then you can leave with the car as often if you want and return to your parking lot. It is possible for a parking lot to be full and for the campsite it belongs to not to be. If a camping site is full you can enter and exit it as often as you want, and also bring stuff from your car, they just don't allow any more tents to be brought in (if you have a big group and arrive at different times it makes sense to give the tents for the first part of that group to get there.)

From the camping sides that are further away and that you will have to go if you arrive Thursday after noon or later you'll need to take a shuttle bus to the stages and back.

Question answered?

Edited by Squig

i would aim to arrive around weds afternoon to have your pick of camping. it worked well for me last year. squig got there a few hours after me and space was running out (although he still got a good spot). besides the earlier you get there, the more time you get drinking, oh and getting to know your neighbours!

We left Amsterdam tuesday night, as far as I recall we arrived there y<round 6 or so in the morning. Most of my group arrived later that day, though, and I am not sure, as I wasn't driving and completely wasted.

2nded on Wed afternoon, any later the best options will be gone.