Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

It really comes down to taste. Like going to festivals a few (up to a week) days before and just go mad on camping incl furniture and fireworks and want to bring as much cheap beer from supermarkets and not restricted with what you can do but still want to see a relatively peaceful vrowd (aka the Germans ;-) ) > go to RaR

Want quiteness and be able to bring your 8-year old son and focus on the bands > go Pinkpop

(haven't been to both, just trust me that it is totally different. If you really need to be convinced, skip through the thread of 2008 (at the bottom of the FAQ)).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and doing both is, provided you have the funds, and don't mind camping for longer than a week, no problem.

The only bugger could be transportation, if you don't come by car, because RaR is in the middle of nowhere and the shuttle buses don't go that early. So you'd have to travel by train I guess, on Tuesday you could either go to Cologne or straight to Koblenz and take a taxci to the camping sides, some will already be open and there will be crazy Germans and Scandinavian partying already. There won't be any food or drinks sold at that time, so it's better to stock up a bit in Koblenz at a supermarket, a disposable grill, some sausagesm, some bread and a lot of beer / harder stuff should do the trick. Call a taxi company to pick you up directly at the supermarket, you should be fine.

If you have a car at your disposale the whole thing would of course be even easier. Travelling time should be around 3 hours by train and less than 2 by car, depending on traffic though of course.

Well, I'm going from Manchester for the 4th year in a row, but as yet have no-one to go with! I flew out by myself last year, but was meeting people there. So I'll share a campsite with you if all else fails...
Edited by Avnon

Hi all, forum virgin here, please be gentle!

I'm coming over from down under, and got a couple of questions if i may?

Firstly, what's the best way to get tickets here? i've seen some of the sites mentioned here but the postage to AUS will cost up to 60euros! Is there any other options that anyone knows about?

Also, are we able to leave the grounds after the first day finishes? We're staying nearby, and aren't going to camp, so just need to know if we can actually leave after the first night and come back the next day?

Thanks heaps in advance guys, much appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

PS: Phucken brilliant lineup so far!!!

About the tickets: Tickets per Post and Eventim are the only good sides I know that sell tickets. If postage is that expensive, the only other optiion I'd know would be to send it to someone you know who lives in Europe and have them send it to you.

Leaving the place will be not that much of a problem, though expect that you need a car, ie you need someone sober, and that there will be a bit of traffic of drunk people and shuttle buses.

Thanks heaps for that mate,

Much quicker reply than any other forum!!

Cheers

Dan

PS: Most of the ticketing sites say that they won't send the tickets out straight way; does anyone know how long it will actually take to send? I'm coming from AUS, so need to make sure i get them in time :rolleyes:

Edited by Superdan

Ah just thought about the fact that parking may be a problem. SO you'd have to come as early as possible (wednesday the latest) and get a sticker for one of the parking lots closer to the venue, otherwise you'd have to take a bus or to walk for at least half an hour to get to your car from the venue (and to the venue from your car).

Yeah man im quite sure if you ordered it tonight it would be sent out monday. From TPP anyway, they are really good at sending & communication. Theres an issue with UK postcodes not fitting and they have emailed me and my friends both years asking for complete addresses etc and they are sent out pretty sharpish. I havent used Eventim before so i couldent comment on them.

Edit: you can always opt for a emailed ticket if you dont want to pay the postage. Personally im a collector of tickets and wouldent dream of it B)

Edited by Avnon

tickets bought so we're going back woohoo

we're going to be a little more prepared this year

only bought tickets a couple of weeks before then

last year we flew to bremen then got a hire car down

this year with an extra driver we are road tripping it from liverpool

we're up for a efests meet up - before, along the way or when we get there

Well, well well

Not my dream line up but still good enough to come. Especially compared with other festivals RaR is probably the best choice. I hope that there will be some more good announcements before June, but I don't count on it... It appears that this summer The Killers and Placebo are the festival bitches and no matter which festival you choose to go you're "doomed" to watch them:)

Anybody got an idea what are the plans of The Hives for the summer???

Limp Bizkit ?!? I still hope that this is a joke B)))) These gays still making music?