Blissfields Festival 2009

Guest Magic42

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone came to our ticket launch in London last night, and Southampton last week, a huge green field in baking sunshine sized thanks for being such a great crowd and making us all think about the summer in a big way.

All live acts and DJs were excellent and both events were proper parties that we enjoyed thoroughly and there was not a particular highlight as there were just too many to mention. If you came, expect more of the same this summer as, despite all that is going on in the world, we're still all ready to have a bloody good time and I reckon this summer's festival season will be one to remember for certain ;)

Much love

Little Chief

x

The Mercury Nominated hint:

By my reckoning, it'll be a noisier act for Saturday night (ie not acoustic or quieter folk), they've got to be currently active, and it's gotta be a realistic possibility for Blissfields (Radiohead would have the farm swarming, so it's not them etc).

Have checked the lists at http://www.nationwidemercurys.com/ & I reckon we can narrow it down to one of the following:

British Sea Power

Burial

Neon Neon

New Young Pony Club

The View

The Young Knives

Guillemots

Hot Chip

Richard Hawley

Hard-Fi

KT Tunstall

Magic Numbers

Go! Team

MIA

Belle & Sebastian

The Zutons

Athlete

Lemon Jelly

Soweto Kinch

The Thrills

The Bees

The Coral

Electric Soft Parade

Turin Brakes

Death in Vegas

Asian Dub Foundation

Stereo MCs

I may have misjudged in many ways, but that's my realistic narrowed-down bunch. Any comments anyone? Let's get this narrowed right down to who it is! :)

British Sea Power

Neon Neon

New Young Pony Club

Hot Chip

Richard Hawley

Magic Numbers

Go! Team

Belle & Sebastian

The Zutons

Athlete

Lemon Jelly

The Bees

The Coral

Electric Soft Parade

Turin Brakes

Death in Vegas

Asian Dub Foundation

Stereo MCs

Edited by Paul ™

Young Knives have to be a good shout, presume it'll be something that the youngsters can get their teeth into - see also NYPC, Hot Chip, maybe Go! Team. But HC may already be too big.

Personally I'd like The Bees, The Zutons, or KT from that list. The Trills would also be sweet. All nicely laid back. :)

Someone a few pages ago said Maps had split up ? I'm not sure if they have...after all aren't they effectively just 1 person (with extra help when he plays live ?) If so he can't (in the true sense of the word) 'split up' ? If they haven't 'split' I'm still banking on them, but if not British Sea Power are still my choice, as they are playing The Great Escape and are not that far from Hampshire.