Blissfields Festival 2009

Guest Magic42

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick message to those who might want to come along to the Southampton Ticket launch gig/party.

Tickets are on sale at Oxfam Music in Southampton and you can give a 50p donation with the purchase of a ticket so a good place to buy and they also have loads of music there to go through whilst record shops still exist!

They are also available on We Got Tickets and Ticketmaster - search for Subgiant.

Not long until ticket launch for Blissfields 2009 - can't wait :P

Little Chief

Blissfields Festival

x

• 2 weeks later...
Just been alerted one of the acts that are being announced tomorrow - you are straying a little outside of your comfort zone IMO ;)

An act not unfamiliar with festivals, but not one I'd have thought you lot would acquire. Well done! ;)

Edited by Magic42

Blissfields Tickets are available on-line now: Click here to buy now! Only from the Blissfields Website 

That's not all! We are also as excited to announce the first installment of our fantastic line-up.

In Alphabetical order:

Barefoot Confessor

Beans on Toast

Cherbourg

Echaskech

Gideon Conn

Hijera

Imperial Leisure

Laura Marling

Mumford and Sons

Rebel Control

Ryan O'Reilly

Subgiant

Scarlet Soho

The Ashbies

The Men They Couldn't Hang

The Ramblings

Thomas Tantrum

........ more to be added soon, including headline Saturday Act!

DJ's to include:

Ally Wolf and Big O (Long Live Rock'n'Roll)

Bandangos

Benzo (Revive Live)

Bloody Awful Poetry

Chess Club

Chix

Chukles

Frog DJs

Girls in Green Shoes

HoJo Hits

Neverland DJs

Kozmik Ken

Little Chief

Marcus Muktarsingh

MASS_IVE

Olly Salter (Revive Live)

Steve Luke (Revive Live)

Stran and Mike

The Head Gardener (Secret Garden Party) 

Other stage based stuff so far:

Magician: Pete Hathaway

Stage Hypnosis

...... and remember Friday night after the main stage closes is all about open mic!

Want to learn more about a few of the acts? Read on........... 

Laura Marling is our Friday night headliner and has had a terrific impact upon the music scene so far. Mercury Nominated last year for ‘Alas I Couldn’t Swim’, she’s a darling of the music press and fans alike who she mesmerises with every performance – she’s all over Radio 1 as well at the moment too.

The Men They Couldn't Hang bring a touch of experience to the weekend These guys really are part of popular music history helping to create alongside The Pogues the Folk Punk scene, which gave rise to many hugely loved bands on the festival circuit.We’re really chuffed they chose to join us down on the farm.

Mumford and Sons are hotly tipped this year and are expanding their sound to get into some interesting new sonic areas and we’re excited about them performing at Blissfields this year.

Gideon Conn played at the Blissfields event for Winchester Live and really blew everyone away with a fun and upbeat performance, we hope you’ll enjoy this discovery with us. We are sure he will make many new friends at B9.

Subgiant will be a name Blissfields regulars all know and after stunning performances to large crowds at Bestival and Glade, they will be on top of their game at Blissfields this year once again – we can’t wait and get excited just thinking about jumping around

Thomas Tantrum are a name on many people’s lips after a strong year of performances last year and we love them too – their energetic art rock sound will delight you all this summer.

...........and there's still more! Remember also all the workshops, stalls, great local bar with real ales (pub prices), quality food, family area, hidden chill out area, tractor rides, Rock Band competition, the friendliest campsite of the summer, and many other surprises it will be an unmissable weekend!

Laura Marling ?

Mumford And Sons ?

Imperial Leisure ?

You've pulled it out of the bag here for sure !!!!!

Great line up and superb headliner considering the size of Blissfields....

I am now officially excited. Not only because of this line up but becasue a certain DJ Hojo Hits is also on the bill. And that's me !!!!

Here's the latest release from DJ Hojo Hits:

In 2009 DJ Hojo Hits begins a new campaign of aural fun on the unsuspecting British public. Following his debut DJ sets at Bestival 2008, where he subjected punters to an hour of nothing but the tunes of 80’s synth pop star Howard Jones, and subsequent appearances at parties and clubs across the south coast, DJ Hojo Hits returns in 2009 with a new look, a new sound and new gigs being confirmed.

We are delighted to announce that DJ Hojo Hits will be returning to UK Festivals this summer with a slot confirmed at Blissfields 2009, alongside artists such as Laura Marling, the hotly tipped Mumford & Sons and Subgiant.

DJ Hojo will be widening his Mojo with a big slab of eclectic party tunes from his bulging box. Expect anything and everything from hard dance to vintage cheese, but with every tune designed to put a big old smile on your face.

Dj Hojo will also be presenting a new image, so forget the 80’s wig, Howard Jones tshirt and bad shades. This is all new baby. Keep an eye out on You Tube for new DJ Hojo Hits films appearing soon.

Right bunch of happy folkers here: Folk website

& if the folkers are happy, I'm happy. :D

Indeed, that's a strong line-up. You may have picked this year's Scouting for Girls in Mumford & Sons, hope so.

One of 17 was the one I got advance warning of. Mmmm, folk-dad-rock :lol:

Now, how many DJs???

Kozmik Ken :D

Edited by timespeedsup

Ha ha, well we have the Tractor stage this year so that accounts for the DJs and they're all great too and will expand the audio space of Blissfields, and that's not just the space for Kozmiko Kenzosan. We'll also be keeping the spirits up between every act with jocks spinning musical pleasure.

Hands up, baby hands up, give me your love , gimme gimme your love gimme gimme :lol:

The whole weekend will be a joyous celebration :D

I am already miles away into the summer and smiling in the fields of Bliss :D

I for one am very much looking forward to the HoJo experience, especially having been privileged to witness the beginning of the Howard Jones message board campaign on Bestival's site all those years ago. I'm also thinking that we're going to have to get a bigger stage booked to showcase you properly :rolleyes:

It's brass monkeys out there but I'm bloomin excited about the summer, especially now the tickets are on sale for the Blissfields summer experience and it all feels very real indeed :D

Little Chiefster

Blissfulsmilefields Festivalito