Blissfields Festival 2009

Guest Magic42

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just bought tickets for me and my daughter today. I'm a big Laura Marling fan so am very excited.

I've never even been to a festival before never mind Blissfields, so not sure of what to expect. Thought a small festival like Blissfields would be a good one to start with and the line up looks great. Is my daughter who's 8 going to have a enjo herself?

What's the split like between the acts and the DJs? Are the DJs all dance music? Not keen on dance music at all.

thanks.

Brilliant little one for kids. There is stuff to do but most kids just love running around with all the noise and the excitement. Almost certain to make friends.

Also safe and enclosed.

DJs and bands tend to be in different places. After 11 (I think) it's mostly DJs or open mic. DJs are very varied anyway.

Mind I did miss the year b4 last, damn weddings, shouldn't be allowed!

I've just bought tickets for me and my daughter today. I'm a big Laura Marling fan so am very excited.

I've never even been to a festival before never mind Blissfields, so not sure of what to expect. Thought a small festival like Blissfields would be a good one to start with and the line up looks great. Is my daughter who's 8 going to have a enjo herself?

What's the split like between the acts and the DJs? Are the DJs all dance music? Not keen on dance music at all.

Edited by rseamer

thanks.

Edited by Magic42

Proper and clean toilets too Binka :)

& has no-one yet mentioned the tractor rides? Bit complacent???? Don't get tractor rides at most fests.....

My lads (11 and 9 at the time) went to the last one, and are more than keen to return this year. In fairness, the older one would these days attend a festival of envelope-opening if it was in a field, but the younger is very discerning & would not go to any old fest, only ones he knows & likes.

He also doesn't yet realise it, but he will shortly be a fan of Laura Marling :O

Clean toilets will definetly be a bonus, especially for an 8yo who can't "hover".

Thanks for all the replies, am really lookng forward to it. I'll even come and listen to your set Rseamer! [smile]

Are cars allowed in the camping field or do you have to carry your tent, etc to the camping bit?

What you should have wished me was good luck getting to it! 3 Hours stuck in Basingrad in a blizzard in the afternoon followed by ice rink roads stopped us from going,however the event I have been told was fantastic with Subgiant headlining three great bands, expect to see some of those at the festival. They were queuing "one out, one in" to get in.

Looking forward to Friday 13th @ 93 Feet East now! Beans on Toast and Gerry (Six Nation State) have been added to that line up now.

Edited by timespeedsup

Going to be great.......I'm really getting into Cherbourg, their new 10" ep is nearly as good as one of Mumford and Sons.

Hope it's not too late but I've now decided I'd like Rumblestrips and the Airborne Toxic Event as joint Saturday headliners :P