Benicassim 2009

Guest stubbs

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it rained on a couple of nights last year, and on one day it rained and was horrible weather. you wont be in your tent at all during the day, itll start cooking you at around 10 and then youll be up, but everyone at festivals seems to gain a superhuman ability to run on not much sleep so take some hammocks and pray you get near some trees, and you will be fine, i wasnt overly hot last year, just what u expect from going to a festival in spain in july.

Hi - I'm coming alone and was wondering if anyone has a hotel reservation they want to share for a few nights? I didn't want to pay for a full room by myself, but having access to a shower, pool, AC, and a bed for a night or two sounds nice! I'd be happy to pay my share. Anyone looking to add a person and cut down on their costs? I'm 27 year old female from NYC. I'm there from beginning to the end (arrive July 13, leave July 22).

Also - if I bring my hammock, will I be able to set it up somewhere? I'm arriving on the 13th, so will have good picking among spots. Just curious!

thanks!

my tips to keep cool....

go to the beach and get a lounger with a brolly. you get the wind and you can jump in the sea.

if not the beach then go to the waterpark where the water is cooler, they also have loungers, no sand, lots of fun, showers for you to get ready at instead of waiting in the massive queues at the campsite but it will cost you about 15 europs. worth doing on one or two days when the festival is on if there's good bands on early as most people will be having showers at the campsites at the same time

i have ginger skin, although not ginger hair, i'm cursed by being scottish so i burn like f**k! i need to apply factor duffle coat frequently. worst mistake you can make is getting burnt early doors, it can ruin your week. and don't think it's gay to get a guy to rub lotion on your back, i'd rather look gay for 1 minute than look like a f**kin idiot for the rest of the week :blink:

bring a hammock and sleep in that. even better if you can get a tarpaulin and hang it from the trees facing east so you can get an extra hour or so less sun in the morning. use a small tent to keep your belongings in. a lilo will also do for a bed. no need for husge tents, unless you plan on getting your end away :blink:

most importantly, buy a cool box for the beers!!!!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for the keeping cool tips. I have a non camping ticket. Would someone like to swap their camping ticket for mine? Anyone who isn't camping. I'll give you £40, extra beer money..

It's just me going and I still haven't sorted out a place to stay, even though I brought my ticket probably just as the camping ones sold out. So kind of unlucky.. would someone out there swap and put my mind at rest please.

I have a print out ticket and can meet in London first, or in Benicassim. I actually arrive the day the festival starts!

Thank you

hey.. i have a fewww requests for info that all you experts will im sure find annoying to answer as have no doubt been replied to many a time before here..but, here goes anyways!

1 ) main thing.. the trains from barcelona airport to benicassim, not interested in buses due to weak-as-a-pancake girlfriend.. cannot make head nor tails of renfe website.. seem to get on then click onto a basket and it takes me to a completely spanish site which, being scottish, i am struggling to pick up a single word.. so if anyone can step-by-step talk me thru getting them booked for arriving on the 14th it would be much appreciated as i am LOST !!

2) how likely is it il be able to hang a hammock and is it even that worth it?

3) or even the likelyhood il be able to pack a gazebo in my bag on the way over to try and beat that pesky heat ! anyone tried the old tinfoil trick? successful?

MOAN HELP A BENI VIRGIN BREAK IN SUCCESSFULY ! :lol:

x

hey.. i have a fewww requests for info that all you experts will im sure find annoying to answer as have no doubt been replied to many a time before here..but, here goes anyways!

1 ) main thing.. the trains from barcelona airport to benicassim, not interested in buses due to weak-as-a-pancake girlfriend.. cannot make head nor tails of renfe website.. seem to get on then click onto a basket and it takes me to a completely spanish site which, being scottish, i am struggling to pick up a single word.. so if anyone can step-by-step talk me thru getting them booked for arriving on the 14th it would be much appreciated as i am LOST !!

2) how likely is it il be able to hang a hammock and is it even that worth it?

3) or even the likelyhood il be able to pack a gazebo in my bag on the way over to try and beat that pesky heat ! anyone tried the old tinfoil trick? successful?

MOAN HELP A BENI VIRGIN BREAK IN SUCCESSFULY ! :lol:

x

going to beni on the 15th until monday (i think), camped last time but taking mrs this time so it's hotel orange all the way (unfortunately voramor was full, looks v nice as well)

anyway we have 2 x camping tickets which we dont need so we could swap for non-camping tickets

if anyone interested let me know

would have to make the swap out there

looking forward to a great time!!

anyone recommend any good places to visit in the daytime out of town? (but not too far)

also places to eat, struggled last time, you can only eat so many ham and cheese sandwiches no matter how much beer/wine you drink with them

going to beni on the 15th until monday (i think), camped last time but taking mrs this time so it's hotel orange all the way (unfortunately voramor was full, looks v nice as well)

anyway we have 2 x camping tickets which we dont need so we could swap for non-camping tickets

anyone recommend any good places to visit in the daytime out of town? (but not too far)

also places to eat, struggled last time, you can only eat so many ham and cheese sandwiches no matter how much beer/wine you drink with them

cheers for the reply above, feel like a bit of a gimp for missing the english dropdown box ! haha

one more thing, anyone who's purchased from renfe.. see where it asks for document number, do you put in passenger then your passport number ? also, has everyone else who has been booking for more than one person, only had to put in one person details ? i dont have my passport yet so by the looks of it i could just put in my girlfriends passport details etc.. true ?

also, only train avaliable home on the mondays at 6 now.. is it easy to enough to kill time without feeling shit around the place?

cheers

bring a hammock and sleep in that. even better if you can get a tarpaulin and hang it from the trees facing east so you can get an extra hour or so less sun in the morning. use a small tent to keep your belongings in. a lilo will also do for a bed. no need for husge tents, unless you plan on getting your end away :O

cheers for the reply above, feel like a bit of a gimp for missing the english dropdown box ! haha

one more thing, anyone who's purchased from renfe.. see where it asks for document number, do you put in passenger then your passport number ? also, has everyone else who has been booking for more than one person, only had to put in one person details ? i dont have my passport yet so by the looks of it i could just put in my girlfriends passport details etc.. true ?

also, only train avaliable home on the mondays at 6 now.. is it easy to enough to kill time without feeling shit around the place?

cheers

Guys! I'm about having a meltdown with the Renfe site, lol. Every time I go to book tickets online through their website it somehow changes my booking to Madrid/Barbelona instead of the options I've already chosen......

Anyone else had this problem and how did you get round it???

Suppose the obvious answer would be just to phone them up, lol.

:lol: