Cricket

greeneyes1980

• 2 weeks later...

So... the test is going well so far... I had a horrible feeling 435 wasn't going to be enough when so many of our batsmen got a start. I can see Australia making 600. I don't think we've got a chance of winning now, it'll either be a crushing (innings or 9-10 wickets) defeat, or a draw.

The women's is going rather better though; Australia 29-5 off 16 overs!

Brunt 8 overs 5 maidens 4 for 10. Get her down to Cardiff! :lol:

i cant see england winning any matches with bowling this limp

honestly, i just think this is a terrible flat pitch. Despite what the experts say, it seems to give nothing to the bowlers. It seems that bad that we can consider our 1st innings a relative failure. A draw would be a very good result for us right now - bring on the rain.

womens cricket laugh.gif

Hey.. one 4 day test in the entire sport every few years... its got to be feeling strong...

At least if we're not going to take any wickets, I'd prefer to look at Katherine Brunt & Laura Marsh running up

:rolleyes:

Raining this morning according to Boycott and Aggers, we're looking good for a draw! :huh:

Looking at the pictures on sky sports it's sunny in cardiff now, looks like they might have to bat for the day

just need a quick 500 before lunch

then bowl the aussies out for a win!

I think if you gave us until the next Ashes series, we couldn't bowl the Aussies out.

Wasn't this the point of a Welsh test? Slow, predictable wicket and rain, ensuring England don't get beat 5-0?

England 117-0. My money's on for Australia to make 700 :)

Onions in for Monty... meh for meh there really, I don't really see why we need 2 full-time spinners (plus colly & KP who can lob a few overs down). I'd rather have Harmison in if he's fit and on tune.

England 117-0. My money's on for Australia to make 700 :)

Onions in for Monty... meh for meh there really, I don't really see why we need 2 full-time spinners (plus colly & KP who can lob a few overs down). I'd rather have Harmison in if he's fit and on tune.

I didn't think Onions was a spinner - thought he was a seamer :)

I didn't think Onions was a spinner - thought he was a seamer :D

Whoops! Yes he is.

I stand with my original comment, but I'm supporting the choice :D I'd still rather a 100% Harmison though, if such a thing ever occurs nowadays.