TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

Can we expect the stage times to be released prior to the event? I know at T it was the case of forking out for a lanyard however I've noted on the app that there is a tab specifically for Stage Times. 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Cocky19 said:

Can we expect the stage times to be released prior to the event? I know at T it was the case of forking out for a lanyard however I've noted on the app that there is a tab specifically for Stage Times. 

I read they're going to be released on the app on the day of the festival but nothing in advance which is annoying.

1 hour ago, Shootenanny! said:

I read they're going to be released on the app on the day of the festival but nothing in advance which is annoying.

Cheers Shootenanny! No good if you wanna plan your days out in advance and do a bit of research on the acts on the Jack Rocks stage for example. 

18 hours ago, Cocky19 said:

Cheers Shootenanny! No good if you wanna plan your days out in advance and do a bit of research on the acts on the Jack Rocks stage for example. 

No problem! Yeah I'm in the same boat, trying to work out who I can see so I can brush up on the acts on the smaller stages. Don't even know whether the small stages will overlap with Radiohead or finish before them.

There's now a 3D map on their Facebook page. The two bars look small! Can see there being crazy waiting times when an act finishes. There's doesn't seem to be that many food stalls either.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to leave the arena and then get back in? I know you couldn't at the summer sessions and R1BW

13 hours ago, mazza7 said:

There's now a 3D map on their Facebook page. The two bars look small! Can see there being crazy waiting times when an act finishes. There's doesn't seem to be that many food stalls either.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to leave the arena and then get back in? I know you couldn't at the summer sessions and R1BW

Says on the site, no. Once you are out, you are out. Rubbish.

3 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Yeah that's crap for us, but I can totally understand it from a business perspective. They would make a lot less money & have more trouble with drunk folk if you could just nip out to any pub, get hammered and have a wee burger then head back in to the arena.

Yeah, it does make sense financially. But there's no camping and standard Hotel check in is 3pm. So either miss the first 3 hours, or attempt to check into and then find your room in the wee small hours and lets be honest, there will be few of us sober. It'll be an experience, I supposed. =]

Ask the hotel for an early check in. Some might allow it. 

I asked for our room for Raddison Blu and they told us to check on the day (despite boasting in their website they do early check ins). Seemed to think 12 wouldn't be an issue though. 

Basically planning to get their before noon and try and get in the room by 12 and over to the festival straight away 

7 hours ago, footix2 said:

Ask the hotel for an early check in. Some might allow it. 

I asked for our room for Raddison Blu and they told us to check on the day (despite boasting in their website they do early check ins). Seemed to think 12 wouldn't be an issue though. 

Basically planning to get their before noon and try and get in the room by 12 and over to the festival straight away 

If the room isn't ready they will hopefully still let you check in and just leave your bag.

On 2017-6-24 at 4:21 PM, Shootenanny! said:

Just seen they have tweeted that stage times will  be released on the app "very soon." 

Bought last minute tix for Friday as me and the gf couldn't pass up seeing Radiohead - unfortunately booking travel back to Edinburgh is a nightmare for that night, we've had to book the 4am coach back to Edinburgh on Saturday morning - any Glasgow natives have any tips on what to do for 4 hours in the middle of the night? Assuming the bus station is a safe place to hang about in the wee small hours we'll probably end up there, but any tips are welcome!

13 minutes ago, irm96 said:

Bought last minute tix for Friday as me and the gf couldn't pass up seeing Radiohead - unfortunately booking travel back to Edinburgh is a nightmare for that night, we've had to book the 4am coach back to Edinburgh on Saturday morning - any Glasgow natives have any tips on what to do for 4 hours in the middle of the night? Assuming the bus station is a safe place to hang about in the wee small hours we'll probably end up there, but any tips are welcome!

I'm heading back to Falkirk that night and plan on just getting the train probably the last one. It'll be a battle getting back but I'm expecting it to not be too bad. I reckon Radiohead will finish before 11 leaving close to enough time to get to Queen Street and get the last train. That's my plan anyway......

5 minutes ago, blackg1000 said:

I'm heading back to Falkirk that night and plan on just getting the train probably the last one. It'll be a battle getting back but I'm expecting it to not be too bad. I reckon Radiohead will finish before 11 leaving close to enough time to get to Queen Street and get the last train. That's my plan anyway......

Isn't there a 12 o'clock curfew in place for Radiohead? I would imagine they will be playing past 11 if they have gone out of their way to get a later curfew on the Fri night. 

20 minutes ago, irm96 said:

Bus station would be fine but it'll be a bit boring/cold no doubt. A lot of the bars on Bath St are open until 3am so you could head in that direction then it's not far to walk back to the bus station. 

9 minutes ago, pl187 said:

Isn't there a 12 o'clock curfew in place for Radiohead? I would imagine they will be playing past 11 if they have gone out of their way to get a later curfew on the Fri night. 

See this is the frustrating thing, the organisers surely must be aware that people have to make travel arrangements and should release the set times accordingly. I could make arrangements now to be picked up but it's still a maybe as to whether I should or not. To have to make temporary arrangements only to find out on the morning of the festival if I need to or not is just bollocks from the organisers. This isn't a field in the middle of nowhere, it's in the middle (give or take a few 100 metres) of a city centre. 

Big Green Coach have buses running back to Edinburgh at 00:45 on the Saturday morning (after Radiohead on Friday...), and the price is reasonable enough if you don't want to wait about until 4am. On the Saturday and Sunday they run back at 11:45, so basically 45 minutes after curfew, which probably means Radiohead will play beyond 11pm as others have already suggested!

33 minutes ago, Madz said:

Big Green Coach have buses running back to Edinburgh at 00:45 on the Saturday morning (after Radiohead on Friday...), and the price is reasonable enough if you don't want to wait about until 4am. On the Saturday and Sunday they run back at 11:45, so basically 45 minutes after curfew, which probably means Radiohead will play beyond 11pm as others have already suggested!

Do you have a link? No option for Edinburgh showing up for me when choosing the departure location!

as others have said getting the train back would have been ideal but the late curfew seems to make this impossible, pretty annoying

Edited by irm96

2 hours ago, irm96 said:

Do you have a link? No option for Edinburgh showing up for me when choosing the departure location!

as others have said getting the train back would have been ideal but the late curfew seems to make this impossible, pretty annoying

http://www.biggreencoach.co.uk/events/trnsmt-tickets-coach-travel-glasgow-green