Bring your own Tipi

Nikolai1985

I'm not sure what the deal is with the 'actual' tipi village, but I think there's probably more to it than just rocking up with your own tipi and pitching in with them.  You probably need to know someone or have had previous dealings with them to check that it's OK.  The field probably has some sort of formal order and layout that's more-or-less invisible to the average punter.

We got talking to one of the residents last year and it turned out he was one of the owners of a number of the public rental tipis, so at the very least they're involved with that side of the fence.

On 28/10/2016 at 11:15 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm not sure what the deal is with the 'actual' tipi village, but I think there's probably more to it than just rocking up with your own tipi and pitching in with them.  You probably need to know someone or have had previous dealings with them to check that it's OK.  The field probably has some sort of formal order and layout that's more-or-less invisible to the average punter.

We got talking to one of the residents last year and it turned out he was one of the owners of a number of the public rental tipis, so at the very least they're involved with that side of the fence.

Yeah I think we probably met the same guy I have already reached out to a few other people and your right about it being more who you know than what you know :)

On 28/10/2016 at 11:04 AM, Neville Street said:

The people who have the BYO tipis have early vehicle access. I guess there must be some way of sorting it out.  I can't help with how to access it, other than say try the festival office.

This is right too - would be a struggle carrying a tipi's poles - the festival put me in contact with someone else a freidn already reached out to so if we do bring a tipi it should be all good - thanks guys!

Matt