Bilbao BBK Live 2017

Trk

8 hours ago, pete76 said:

That's so average. DM, Royal Blood, Cage The Elephant, Spoon & Brian Wilson. Nothing else. Wondering what is worse: this or Beni? So happy that Mad Cool is my summer destination.

Mad Cool and Primavera are the best spanish festivals nowadays.

BBK and FIB are far away from these festivals and every year the distance will be bigger and bigger...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Mad Cool and Primavera are the best spanish festivals nowadays.

BBK and FIB are far away from these festivals and every year the distance will be bigger and bigger...

I chose BBK over mad cool last year on lineup alone, I reckon this is just a bit of a bad year and next years BBK will be much better 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

No automatic alt text available.

Do you reckon the 3 sizes of white font means there's 4 odd more 2nd tier acts to come on Friday, and 5 odd on Saturday?

There's 15/18 live acts confirmed for Thurs, 14/18 Fri, 10/18 Sat, if they do the same as last year. 

Potentially, all I know is that Saturday needs help. So, so weak right now. Obviously not helped by the Phoenix/TDCC co-headline coming together. So I'm thinking a big artists either between TDCC and DA or a couple between Brian Wilson and TDCC. 

I really hope that there is something half decent on the way for Saturday - as quite honestly as things stand if it wasn't for Mr Wilson we'd be looking at a night of bar hopping.  I wouldn't feel too hard done by as my early bird only cost me £67!

Weirdly last time we went (2012) they had The Cure and Radiohead out early-ish doors for the Thurs/Fri and we were really expectant as to who we were getting for the Saturday.......only for them to go with a co-headline combo of Garbage/Keane.....who both felt like cheap bookings with a half decent back catalogue (so be careful what you wish for!).

Still, I remain hopeful - particularly the Avalanches being announced which looked like a co-ordinated announcement with other European dates.......as has been said above - they had 60 acts last year (20 per day) on the stages excluding Basoa and are 17 off this at the moment.

As a bit of a stab in the dark - what about Major Lazer?  They have a stint of European acts in from 24/06 to 02/07 and then nothing until a date in the states on 22/07.  They have no Spanish dates in and played Beni last year...just an idea....

Also - Jesus and Mary Chain - played in 2015 but now have a new album to promote and no Spanish festival dates.

Seeing that there are some acts creeping in from the Mad Cool line up (assuming now that they have sold out day weekend tickets) I wouldn't mind also having Royksopp and Slowdive please :)

8 hours ago, gregory said:

There's currently and Fri I'd want to see, and only 2 on Saturday. The co-headline ended up with neither of them actually topping the bill, lol. Weird the Sat has only 4 non-Spanish acts (compared to 11/10 on Thurs/Fri), and day tickets are on sale.

There's currently 8+ acts on Thurs and Fri I'd want to see, and only 2 on Saturday. (don't know what happened to my original message there) 

2 hours ago, jay_bee said:

I really hope that there is something half decent on the way for Saturday - as quite honestly as things stand if it wasn't for Mr Wilson we'd be looking at a night of bar hopping.  I wouldn't feel too hard done by as my early bird only cost me £67!

Weirdly last time we went (2012) they had The Cure and Radiohead out early-ish doors for the Thurs/Fri and we were really expectant as to who we were getting for the Saturday.......only for them to go with a co-headline combo of Garbage/Keane.....who both felt like cheap bookings with a half decent back catalogue (so be careful what you wish for!).

Still, I remain hopeful - particularly the Avalanches being announced which looked like a co-ordinated announcement with other European dates.......as has been said above - they had 60 acts last year (20 per day) on the stages excluding Basoa and are 17 off this at the moment.

As a bit of a stab in the dark - what about Major Lazer?  They have a stint of European acts in from 24/06 to 02/07 and then nothing until a date in the states on 22/07.  They have no Spanish dates in and played Beni last year...just an idea....

Also - Jesus and Mary Chain - played in 2015 but now have a new album to promote and no Spanish festival dates.

Seeing that there are some acts creeping in from the Mad Cool line up (assuming now that they have sold out day weekend tickets) I wouldn't mind also having Royksopp and Slowdive please :)

Biffy Clyro would be a good add too (also played 2015), they seem free-ish. Headlning TRNSMT on the Sunday though. Local Natives and Wild Beasts are both in Portugal on Friday, would be good addition to Saturday for me. 

67£ is brilliant, what a bargain! Brian Wilson tickets alone cost about that much in the UK. 

9 hours ago, gregory said:

Biffy Clyro would be a good add too (also played 2015), they seem free-ish. Headlning TRNSMT on the Sunday though. Local Natives and Wild Beasts are both in Portugal on Friday, would be good addition to Saturday for me. 

67£ is brilliant, what a bargain! Brian Wilson tickets alone cost about that much in the UK. 

Biffy would be a good shout, and about the right size in Spain to take a big spot. Major Lazer headlined Beni last year so I think they're too big.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

There's an announcement coming in the next few days according to BBK. It's got a lot to do to top Beni's announcement this week, but you never know with BBK... 

I hope so, though rival fest BIME is announced today, so I doubt they'd announce today also. I really want to know what they've got up their sleeves for the Saturday...

I'd take any of Local Natives, Wild Beasts, Editors; though they are all at Spanish festivals in the next 4 weeks. Chance The Rapper is in London on Friday 7th. It's anyone's guess really. Any of the NOS Alive acts that aren't at Mad Cool / Beni could show up.

10 minutes ago, gregory said:

I'd take any of Local Natives, Wild Beasts, Editors; though they are all at Spanish festivals in the next 4 weeks. Chance The Rapper is in London on Friday 7th. It's anyone's guess really. Any of the NOS Alive acts that aren't at Mad Cool / Beni could show up.

So that would be Glass Animals, Rhye, The Kills, The Cult, Imagine Dragons and Peaches. Slim pickings although I can really see them filling a high spot with Imagine Dragons. Would love Glass Animals too. And don't forget that they're sharing Cage the Elephant and Spoon with Mad Cool so we could still be sharing some acts. If so I'd like Slowdive, Belle and Sebastian, Kurt Vile and Foster the People. Not too much to ask for, is it? 

Edited by LiamMcMillen

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

Would love Wilco or Kurt Vile to show up, don't know how likely it is. Iggy Pop is also a possibility I think, he's in France that weekend.

Iggy's got the 7th free. I'm not sure if the announcement will be entirely for the 8th (which is needed) or not. 

7 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I'd like a couple of curveballs like Chance the Rapper but BBK aren't prone to booking rap/hip-hop acts. Is Mac Demarco around? Would be good. 

He's not, already performing Primavera Sound.

Chance just canceled four Euro festivals in August, so don't count on him announcing other ones soon.