Bilbao BBK Live 2017

Trk

All a matter of taste of course but that's a couple of names off being a belter of a line up. Die Antwoord are fucking terrible and I'm not sure how TDCC and the 1975 have gotten so big.

The Lemon Twigs, !!!, Brian Wilson and Primal Scream almost make up for 2 shocking headliners on the final day though.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

https:///m/bbklive2017/?user=0anw3r.ee an updated clash finder. I'm not sure how reliable it is but it'll no doubt make discussion...

Yeah a lot wrong with it; last year the first act between Bilbao/Heineken was on the Bilbao Stage, also there won't be 2 acts in a row on the Bilbao Stage.

+ Saint Motel said they're playing 'right before' Brian Wilson.

But the fact they know that means hopefully the schedule isn't far away.

Also the fact there are 3 less bands on Saturday hopefully means the top 4 'headline' acts are all doing full 75/90 min sets.

5 hours ago, gregory said:

Yeah a lot wrong with it; last year the first act between Bilbao/Heineken was on the Bilbao Stage, also there won't be 2 acts in a row on the Bilbao Stage.

+ Saint Motel said they're playing 'right before' Brian Wilson.

But the fact they know that means hopefully the schedule isn't far away.

Also the fact there are 3 less bands on Saturday hopefully means the top 4 'headline' acts are all doing full 75/90 min sets.

It's not mine, just found it on there. 

10 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

It's not mine, just found it on there. 

I know pal, just stating why i think it's a bit off the mark / adding to the discussion :) . Would have a go at making my own but it takes too long.

Hoping the Sunday looks something like this;

0045-0215 Die Antwoord (Bilbao) / !!! (Carpa)
          2315-0045 Primal Scream (Heineken) 
          2145-2315 Two Door Cinema Club (Bilbao)
          2045-2145 Blonde Redhead (Heineken) 
          1915-2045 Brian Wilson (Bilbao)
          1830-1915 The Lemon Twigs (Heineken) 
          1745-1830 Saint Motel (Bilbao)

w/ space for The Orwells somewhere too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, long time reader first time poster on this topic! This year will be my first time at Bilbao BBK but unfortunately alone as a few friends that had planned to come have pulled out last minute with my transport and festival ticket already purchased! If anybody going would fancy meeting up, I'd certainly be up for doing so! Looking forward to what looks set to be a great festival

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, GreyHawk said:

Looks like according to this page and their twitter it will be a cashless festival.

http://bilbaobbklive.com/es-es/cashless

I know a few other festivals have this system, anyone any experience it before?

I experienced this at Beni last year. It makes the whole buying process way easier. There were no queues ever at the bar. I'm really pleased they are doing the same!

The downside of the BBK system is that they will be using electronic wristbands...at Beni you bought tokens and each drink was x number of tokens (meaning you could easily buy for mates). Now you'll need to make sure you're in rounds, so you don't get diddled!

Edited by jac_frog

On 2017-6-6 at 2:13 PM, ModFFM said:

Hello guys, long time reader first time poster on this topic! This year will be my first time at Bilbao BBK but unfortunately alone as a few friends that had planned to come have pulled out last minute with my transport and festival ticket already purchased! If anybody going would fancy meeting up, I'd certainly be up for doing so! Looking forward to what looks set to be a great festival

Same here, first time at BBK and first festival solo. Give us a shout nearer the time, maybe meet up at some point!

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea how ticket sales are going this year for BBK, and if they're struggling for numbers based on a direct clash this year with Mad Cool, coupled with the biggest/best Benicassim line up and attendance/ticket sales since 2011 (the following weekend)???

Schedule looks pretty good to me with no disastrous clashes. Definitely plan on seeing as much of the below over the three days;

Thursday - Circa Waves, Cage the Elephant, The 1975, Depeche Mode, The Avalanches, Spoon and Justice.

Friday - The Amazons, Explosions in the Sky, Fleet Foxes, Phoenix, The Killers, Royal Blood and Joe Goddard.

Saturday - Saint Motel, Lena Willikens, Brian Wilson, Chk Chk Chk, TDCC, The Lemon Twigs and Die Antwoord.

Really looking forward to Justice, Phoenix, The Killers, Royal Blood and hopefully a good sing along to Brian Wilson. 

First time at BBK so admitedly there are quite a few things that I am a bit unsure about!

Firstly with regards to tents/general camping stuff, are they available to purchase at the festival site upon arrival or would you suggest buying them before? When I went to Benicassim I bought everything from a local decathlon in Valencia city centre but noticed I could've saved half the hassle by just buying them once I'd arrived at the festival itself! Anybody with any prior experience would be appreciated.

Also I'm struggling to access a festival map but just wanted to know just how far the first and second stages are away from each other? In all honesty given the line-up I struggle to see myself swaying too far away from either stage for the course of the festival and was intrigued as to how far away they were.

Finally what is the festival site like? As I'm travelling alone I am tempted to take the shuttle into Bilbao during the afternoons and head back in an evening for the music but was interested to know what there is (if anything) going on during the daytime at BBK. From experience of a few Spanish fests there isn't quite the variety of things going on during the day as there is at say Glastonbury/V that I've been to in the past.

Sorry for the question overload but as it's getting that bit closer all these queries are springing up left, right and centre.

All the best, cheers

Edited by ModFFM

On 2017-6-28 at 11:55 PM, ModFFM said:

First time at BBK so admitedly there are quite a few things that I am a bit unsure about!

Firstly with regards to tents/general camping stuff, are they available to purchase at the festival site upon arrival or would you suggest buying them before? When I went to Benicassim I bought everything from a local decathlon in Valencia city centre but noticed I could've saved half the hassle by just buying them once I'd arrived at the festival itself! Anybody with any prior experience would be appreciated.

Also I'm struggling to access a festival map but just wanted to know just how far the first and second stages are away from each other? In all honesty given the line-up I struggle to see myself swaying too far away from either stage for the course of the festival and was intrigued as to how far away they were.

Finally what is the festival site like? As I'm travelling alone I am tempted to take the shuttle into Bilbao during the afternoons and head back in an evening for the music but was interested to know what there is (if anything) going on during the daytime at BBK. From experience of a few Spanish fests there isn't quite the variety of things going on during the day as there is at say Glastonbury/V that I've been to in the past.

Sorry for the question overload but as it's getting that bit closer all these queries are springing up left, right and centre.

All the best, cheers

-Regarding tents, as far as I know you cannot buy them at the camping site. There is a supermarket in there with the basic stuff though.

-You have the map available on their twitter and fb accounts, 1 & 2 stages are pretty close.

-Taking a shuttle to spend the day in Bilbao seems the best idea, not much to do before the music starts up there in the camping.

On 09/07/2017 at 9:15 PM, gregory said:

What a great festival (minus the €8 beer). So glad I made the trip to Bilbao and sacked or Mad Cool. Would happily return to BBK again - best of the 4 festivals I've been to so far this year. Saw 20+ fantastic sets. 

Would love a detailed review as potentially wanna go next year, camping/transport/security etc