Royal mail have lost our tickets

Foxy1984

Just wanted to share that Royal Mail have lost our tickets.

Got the "something for you" card through the door but at the end of the day when my husband got home from work he was approached a by a stressed looking postman who said he couldn't find the letter that went with the card.

Royal mail have admitted it has been lost somewhere.

We will be getting an official letter from Royal Mail in a few days to admit they have lost it.

We have contacted see tickets - who are contacting GF

We have emailed GF ourselves (ticketing@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk which we got off a previous lost ticket disaster thread!)

We have tweeting GF EE and see

We are hoping that

"Unfortunately, if tickets are delivered to ticket holders, and subsequently lost, destroyed or misplaced, we cannot replace them." on the FAQs on the website means that they will replace ones lost before delivery!

Some positive stories would help!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry. Glato/Seetickets are still responsible for the tickets as they have not been delivered to you. If you'd signed for themand then lost them it'd be different.

This is from which:

The Consumer Contracts Regulations make it clear that the seller is responsible for the condition of the goods until the goods are received by the consumer, or by someone else they have nominated to receive them on their behalf like a neighbour.

I wouldn't worry. Glato/Seetickets are still responsible for the tickets as they have not been delivered to you. If you'd signed for themand then lost them it'd be different.

This is from which:

The Consumer Contracts Regulations make it clear that the seller is responsible for the condition of the goods until the goods are received by the consumer, or by someone else they have nominated to receive them on their behalf like a neighbour.

Thank you. This is the type of helpful info we need!

That's awful !!

I get my tickets delivered to work.

Luckily we have had the same postman for years - Eric

In the years before e tickets etc he would usually walk through the door shouting and waving my see tickets envelope " I bet its a band I have never heard of ? "

And 9 times out of 10 he never had !!!

He only goes to one gig every five years and that's Bon Jovi

He knows my Glasto ticket will be out shortly so he is on a heightened sense of alert for me to ensure nothing goes amiss.

In these days where there can be a "could not give a shit " attitude when it comes to delivery its nice to know there are still some old fashioned posties out there.

Ours is quite an old postie. He didn't realise what they were until we told him.

He seemed upset that he'd messed up - though that might be because of repercussions of losing a special delivery envelope.

He somehow lost it before putting the card through our door as he has pre-prepared the cards expecting people to be out..

That's awful !!

I get my tickets delivered to work.

Luckily we have had the same postman for years - Eric

In the years before e tickets etc he would usually walk through the door shouting and waving my see tickets envelope " I bet its a band I have never heard of ? "

And 9 times out of 10 he never had !!!

He only goes to one gig every five years and that's Bon Jovi

He knows my Glasto ticket will be out shortly so he is on a heightened sense of alert for me to ensure nothing goes amiss.

In these days where there can be a "could not give a shit " attitude when it comes to delivery its nice to know there are still some old fashioned posties out there.

I wish we had an Eric. He sounds superb.

Ours is quite an old postie. He didn't realise what they were until we told him.

He seemed upset that he'd messed up - though that might be because of repercussions of losing a special delivery envelope.

He somehow lost it before putting the card through our door as he has pre-prepared the cards expecting people to be out..

that raises the question why did he post the card as is (Without a note it had been lost)? surely he'd have noticed when he knocked on the door without the letter in his hand?

that raises the question why did he post the card as is (Without a note it had been lost)? surely he'd have noticed when he knocked on the door without the letter in his hand?

I am not sure he knows why he posted it. I think he thought he might find it during the day, but then it became apparent it was definitely lost and he came back to fess up. he's in some trouble, but not a sackable offence

Just wanted to share that Royal Mail have lost our tickets.

Got the "something for you" card through the door but at the end of the day when my husband got home from work he was approached a by a stressed looking postman who said he couldn't find the letter that went with the card.

Royal mail have admitted it has been lost somewhere.

We will be getting an official letter from Royal Mail in a few days to admit they have lost it.

We have contacted see tickets - who are contacting GF

We have emailed GF ourselves (ticketing@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk which we got off a previous lost ticket disaster thread!)

We have tweeting GF EE and see

We are hoping that

"Unfortunately, if tickets are delivered to ticket holders, and subsequently lost, destroyed or misplaced, we cannot replace them." on the FAQs on the website means that they will replace ones lost before delivery!

Some positive stories would help!

This is simple "if tickets are delivered to ticket holders...." they were not delivered to

you as the card and the post man said, this can be proved by Royal Mail not having your signature accepting the delivery

This is simple "if tickets are delivered to ticket holders...." they were not delivered to

you as the card and the post man said, this can be proved by Royal Mail not having your signature accepting the delivery

I think i originally worried as the t&cs of the ticket say:

"Duplicate tickets will not be issued for lost or stolen tickets."

I know it should be fine, but won't relax until GF say so!

Chill, it will be sorted. You haven't lost the tickets, they haven't been stolen from you they simply have never been delivered. The worst case if they don't issue you with another ticket is that you will have to get double wristbanded at the festival office, whatever happens don't worry you will be there.

I think i originally worried as the t&cs of the ticket say:

"Duplicate tickets will not be issued for lost or stolen tickets."

I know it should be fine, but won't relax until GF say so!

Hey

This happened to me last year. I think you'll find that See/Glasto won't send you replacement tickets. What they will do, however, is tell you to go to specific ticket office outside the festival gates and issue you a new ticket there. It's a bit stressful - arriving at the Festival and not being completely sure that you're definitely sorted. But it wasn't too much of wait around and they were helpful enough at the site.

Hey

This happened to me last year. I think you'll find that See/Glasto won't send you replacement tickets. What they will do, however, is tell you to go to specific ticket office outside the festival gates and issue you a new ticket there. It's a bit stressful - arriving at the Festival and not being completely sure that you're definitely sorted. But it wasn't too much of wait around and they were helpful enough at the site.

Thank you. These types of stories are reassuring.

Edited by Foxy1984