ilbeyene

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big fan of Coldplay so they are not amongst the headliners I'd like too see on the Island, but they'd be a very good "popular" headliner for sure. I saw Mumford & Sons last year in Rome and I can say they are an extraordinary live band, so I'd be glad to have them! I don't like Linkin Park's recent works but Hybrid Theory is a masterpiece and when I was a teenager they were my favourite band. Happy if they come. The XX are also a very good live band as they create a special atmosphere. They played at Sziget in 2012 right before The Stone Roses, but most of the concert was with sunlight so there were not the right atmosphere. I saw them again last year at Pukkelpop headlining and they were perfect.

Other bands that haven't been announced for June festivals are Kings Of Leon (they have a new album coming), Kasabian (announced for Low Festival, Spain, end of July), Arctic Monkeys (don't know if they'll tour).

Speaking of very big artists Sting has said he'll play some festivals this summer and he announced some dates including one the 31th of July in Sweden. So after Prince in 2011 why not?

Let's talk about electronic acts now. The Chemical Brothers have a date in Germany the week before Sziget in a festival that includes Calvin Harris (thank god we won't have him again) and Faithless. Faithless will have their reunion tour and they are a band that sells a lot in Hungary. When they played in 2007 that day was sold out and when I saw them in 2010 the Main Stage was pretty full, so I think they can come. For the End Show I say Armin Van Buuren for a simple reason: David Guetta closed Balaton Sound 2012 and Sziget 2013, Calvin Harris closed Balaton Sound 2013 and Sziget 2014, Aarmin Van Buuren closed Balaton Sound 2014. His set at Balaton Sound was huge (I was there) so if there must be an End Show I'm happy if he plays. Anyway maybe tomorrow, saturday or sunday we'll have some Balaton Sound artists, so we can start counting some djs out.

Other bands and artists: Skunk Anansie is a fantastic live band and their concerts have always been the best of the week. They played in 2011 and 2013 and I think that if they'll be touring they'll come for sure. The same for Ska-P that have played several times for more years in a row. Paolo Nutini did a great show in 2012 and it's a perfect artist for the 17.45 Main Stage slot.

Metal: I'm not very positive about Metallica right now. Their August leg in Europe only includes Reading & Leeds and they don't play Pukkelpop and Lowlands. But Iron Maiden played two times in 2008 and 2010 and the Main Stage was fully crowded (like last year for Macklemore and Calvin Harris), so if they tour why not?

Really can't wait for first names. With the first names out speculations game would be so much easier :)

Thanks for the recap', great one! I'm sure we'll have some surprises as well (Korn out of the hat when we thought we didnt have a headliner anymore).

The show I'd like to see the most is Coldplay... if they sing a lot of their old albums. The Chemical Brothers would be insane... each time I listen to "Swoon" I remember the 2013 aftermovie... and I've seen some videos on youtube for their last Sziget concert, it was very good.

For non-headliners what are the chances of a band that didn't announce anything yet and hasn't any album out soon to play festivals? (I'm thinking about M83).

Also, we missed Flume and Madeon (and Klingande, I love them) last year! Maybe London Grammar will be back too.

Well there are bands that just tour without any new album out. Let's think, for example, of KoRN last year.

And, speaking of djs, I think the only djs we can cut out are the ones that are announced for Volt, Balaton Sound, B.My.Lake and Strand Festival. All the others are possible. It's so much easier to have a dj instead of a band.

Highfield Festival

Marteria | Dropkick Murphys | Interpol | Flogging Molly | The Wombats | Madsen | Alligatoah | Prinz Pi | DONOTS | Frittenbude | 257ers | SDP | Danko Jones | Millencolin Official | Panteon Rococo | ZSK | Feine Sahne Fischfilet | The Menzingers

First acts announced for Highfield Festival in Germany (14-16 august).

I don't know any of them but... i cry when i compare that to bands announced in june-july.

Edited by Noeliam

Hi, I stayed in one of the caravans this year. I'm pretty certain you can sleep one or two in a three person caravan, if you like (pretty sure you could get 4 or 5 in, if you wanted as they didn't seem to check!). We were chatting with a couple in the caravan next to ours and it was just the two of them in the 3 person caravan. Each person staying in the caravan needs a VIP ticket, but you only buy 1 caravan ticket per caravan. So, for example, if there was three sharing a caravan, you need to buy three VIP tickets and one caravan ticket. If there is just one person in the caravan, you need to buy one VIP ticket and one caravan ticket.

Hey - just a quick question - how much did your three person caravan cost, was it the €130 for the caravan plus the €139 for VIP camping? Can't work out if the €130 is the total price for the caravan!

Cheers :)

Hey - just a quick question - how much did your three person caravan cost, was it the €130 for the caravan plus the €139 for VIP camping? Can't work out if the €130 is the total price for the caravan!

Cheers :)

For three of us, sleeping in a caravan in the VIP camping, we paid an extra 547 Euros in total - that's one caravan ticket at 130 Euros, plus three VIP tickets at 139 Euros each. If you are on your own in the caravan, you will have to pay 269 Euros - that's one caravan ticket at 130 Euros, plus one VIP ticket at 139 Euros.

Bare in mind, you will also need to buy the festival ticket on top of this!

For three of us, sleeping in a caravan in the VIP camping, we paid an extra 547 Euros in total - that's one caravan ticket at 130 Euros, plus three VIP tickets at 139 Euros each. If you are on your own in the caravan, you will have to pay 269 Euros - that's one caravan ticket at 130 Euros, plus one VIP ticket at 139 Euros.

Bare in mind, you will also need to buy the festival ticket on top of this!

Thanks! Ah now I bought my ticket in the first 24 hours, was only there for two days this year (Deadmau5 and Skrillex days) and can't wait to go back for the whole week next year!

She can be both headliner or sub, it depends on if they manage to get bigger names. Anyway every year we have some "pop" headliners.

2006 Scissor Sisters

2007 Pink

2008 The Kooks

2009 Lily Allen

2010 Thirty Seconds To Mars

2011 Thirty Seconds To Mars (Amy Winehouse replacement)

2012 Àkos (Hungarian most popular singer, day zero)

2013 Mika

2014 Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

I only hope Thirty Seconds To Mars don't tour.