T minus and counting - 2015

whisty

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bus, shame you're not going next year.

Hello whisty. Yes, we made the decision this year to try some other smaller festivals out next year instead. We have booked Bearded Theory and Shambala tickets for next year so far. We have discovered that there's loads of cheap festivals with camping around so we are angling in on them to build up our stock base of festivals. As neither me or my wife go to festivals for the music then Glastonbury seems a little too extravagant. Basically we have both agreed that we just like to get stoned in a field really. Doing this on formal campsites can get a bit hairy, so it's best done at festivals, where that sort of thing isn't frowned up on.

Oh, we have also bought Wychwood tickets for next year also, but no longer want to go. We will though, if we can't shift the tickets.

Hope you are well.

Yog :)

All good here Mr Y thanks. I did a couple of festivals in Glastonbury gap year and had just as much fun. It's not the be all and end all although of course as most know it is very special. Sounds like your summer is going to be fun anyway. And maybe you'll change your mind :)

8465244057_d626282cff_z.jpg

Edited by whisty

Only kidding, prob older than you Mr Y. I ate you Butler, but I love my Neighbour & Till death do us part to name a few. Nice van in the other thread btw :)

Only kidding, prob older than you Mr Y. I ate you Butler, but I love my Neighbour & Till death do us part to name a few. Nice van in the other thread btw :)

Hello whisty. My apologies - the 'I ate you Butler' remark went over my head. I'd completely forgotten about that line.

Yes, the camper van is kind of different. We had no knowledge of camper vans before we bought it. A state of being that has altered little since we took possession of the vehicle. The only down side to having such livery is the looks you get when turning up at more genteel caravan parks. I get the impression that we are very much looked down up on and may even be considered by some people as crustie travellers. It's not ideal when you want to keep a low profile. It gets a lot of nice attention at festivals though. The decision to buy it was made by my wife, who likes the colour purple! :)