GODIVA 2014

Guest luckysalt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Good old Neville he is a 'staple' of this fest...

I'm sorry

Yeah pleased about that, was looking at the comedy line up too, John Hastings who is comparing is well funny..

Should be a good weekend, be badass to get some nice weather again

I apologise for my ignorance but how does the weekend work? Obviously it's a free festival but will have a capacity so is it first come first served on the day? I'm considering it but it's a bit far to come only for capacity to be full (if it ever does even reach capacity). As i say, i apologise for my ignorance.

I'd be up for a pint or a few, I'll be arriving quite early on site I think on the Saturday as I'm coming up from London for Black Sabbath.

And regarding capacity, theres no issue with that mate, its an open air stage, the main stage and it doesn't reach capacity, its never been mentioned about how many people are allowed on site, its a pretty big area to be honest.

In the past the main stage was a tent and it did reach capacity for the top acts and you had to stand outside. The Enemy in 2007 was absolutely manic, that was the year they broke mainstream and were third down, it was insanely busy, Super Furry Animals who headlined played to at least half that audience, they were pretty poor too, seen them much better.

And regarding capacity, theres no issue with that mate, its an open air stage, the main stage and it doesn't reach capacity, its never been mentioned about how many people are allowed on site, its a pretty big area to be honest.

In the past the main stage was a tent and it did reach capacity for the top acts and you had to stand outside. The Enemy in 2007 was absolutely manic, that was the year they broke mainstream and were third down, it was insanely busy, Super Furry Animals who headlined played to at least half that audience, they were pretty poor too, seen them much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Le Sac V Scroobious Pip have self confirmed for Godiva...although it says the 7th. Get in. Quality!

Changed it now...says the 6th. Be better if it was the Saturday but seeing DLS v SP for free...can't complain!

Edited by Flaminglippy

Thats a big booking for the Sunday when its usually a bit crap.

Wonder if they're gunna go for a bigger Sunday as well to encourage people to stay the weekend and thus money for hotels etc.

Blast! Gotta go for the Sunday now. That is a great booking..have they announced anyone else for the Sunday?