Queen (with that little fella that lost American X Factor) new dates.

Guest jump

Well Sonisphere sold 12,000 weekend tickets, so I guess the capacity is right in that regards - although Roger made it sound like they did try for bigger venues but couldn't get them booked due to it being quite last minute. I'd imagine their own gig - despite extortionate ticket prices will sell alright though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12,000 was published in Kerrang, so was a reliable source unlike the 5k someone came up with by looking at some "event polls" website.

And yeah 12k is pretty poor going too, though that was only with about a month of tickets being sale - still probably would have struggled to do more than break even (which is around 30ish,000 tickets I believe)

Well Rodger did mention that in an interview about the venue, but as I said before they also said they were struggling to book bigger venues because of how last minute/close to the olympics it is, so hammersmith felt right due to history and availability. Both nights are sold out now apparently, unsurprisingly.

Both nights are sold out now apparently, unsurprisingly.

which just gets to highlight how poor they were as a festival booking I'd say.

Some acts just aren't going to attract their fans to a festival, and I'd always felt that would be the case with these (as I said before they were announced). And so it proved.

Well Rodger did mention that in an interview about the venue, but as I said before they also said they were struggling to book bigger venues because of how last minute/close to the olympics it is, so hammersmith felt right due to history and availability. Both nights are sold out now apparently, unsurprisingly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you watch it all? Thought he did alright - certainly got better as it went on, and he didn't actually sing all the songs. Brian and Roger took lead on quite a few. Thought it looked like a really fun show to be honest, would have loved to have seen it at Sonisphere, but ah well!

Edited by kipper64

Did you watch it all? Thought he did alright - certainly got better as it went on, and he didn't actually sing all the songs. Brian and Roger took lead on quite a few. Thought it looked like a really fun show to be honest, would have loved to have seen it at Sonisphere, but ah well!

Dreadful how? The guy can sing pretty well - he's not amazing, but it's good enough. He didn't even sing all of the songs, Brian and Roger took lead on quite a few on their own, and I think that was a nice touch, should remind people it's about them and not Adam. Some of the songs he absolutely nailed - radio gaga and somebody to love were almost note perfect, others not exactly the same as the original, but it still worked in my opinion. Obviously he wasn't perfect but most singers aren't live - especially for a first big show. If you sit and watch a livestream of Metallica they generally sound woeful, because it's easier to pick up all of Hetfield's terrible vocals and Lar's out of time drumming, if you're being a cynic, but that doesn't ruin their show, because when you're there, the atmosphere and all that carries it.

What's hammersmith's prices got to do with anything anyway? If anything brining that up just makes you sound biased. Besides the gig in question was a massive free concert that took place as part of an anti-aids fundraiser in Kiev.

Not really biased to say I enjoyed it, I wouldn't sit through a 2 hour video of something I didn't enjoy. It looked like it would have been a fun show to be a part of hence why I'm gutted I'm not seeing them at Sonisphere - I wouldn't pay £80 or whatever it was for hammersmith tickets, but I'd have happily watched them at a festival, because to me it looks like a good show.

Edited by kipper64

Dreadful how? The guy can sing pretty well - he's not amazing, but it's good enough. He didn't even sing all of the songs, Brian and Roger took lead on quite a few on their own, and I think that was a nice touch, should remind people it's about them and not Adam. Some of the songs he absolutely nailed - radio gaga and somebody to love were almost note perfect, others not exactly the same as the original, but it still worked in my opinion. Obviously he wasn't perfect but most singers aren't live - especially for a first big show. If you sit and watch a livestream of Metallica they generally sound woeful, because it's easier to pick up all of Hetfield's terrible vocals and Lar's out of time drumming, if you're being a cynic, but that doesn't ruin their show, because when you're there, the atmosphere and all that carries it.

What's hammersmith's prices got to do with anything anyway? If anything brining that up just makes you sound biased. Besides the gig in question was a massive free concert that took place as part of an anti-aids fundraiser in Kiev.

Not really biased to say I enjoyed it, I wouldn't sit through a 2 hour video of something I didn't enjoy. It looked like it would have been a fun show to be a part of hence why I'm gutted I'm not seeing them at Sonisphere - I wouldn't pay £80 or whatever it was for hammersmith tickets, but I'd have happily watched them at a festival, because to me it looks like a good show.

Biased because you seem to be bringing up things which weren't really relevant to my comment - or their performance - to have a go.

I said I thought they looked good on that livestream, and would have loved to have seen them at a festival, then you claimed I'm wrong (for having that opinion) and must be taking the piss, because they are charging too much for their Hammersmith show which isn't really relevant to this conversation, especially without context. Them charging however much for a random show wouldn't have effected my enjoyment of a free livestream, or the prospect of seeing them at a festival as I wouldn't be paying £75 to see them.

Biased because you seem to be bringing up things which weren't really relevant to my comment - or their performance - to have a go.

I said I thought they looked good on that livestream, and would have loved to have seen them at a festival, then you claimed I'm wrong (for having that opinion) and must be taking the piss, because they are charging too much for their Hammersmith show which isn't really relevant to this conversation, especially without context. Them charging however much for a random show wouldn't have effected my enjoyment of a free livestream, or the prospect of seeing them at a festival as I wouldn't be paying £75 to see them.

Yeah... it seems to be lacking a little something doesn't it? It's not the end of the world but I don't think Adam Lambert has done anything to prove the Soni/Queen skeptics wrong if you know what I mean.

....ah well can't be too glum about the whole Soni thing. I'll be seeing KISS at the mother fricking forum tomorrow niiiiiiiiiiight and then FNM at Hammersmith on Sunday. Every cloud has a silver awesome smaller venue gig lining. ; )