Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsew*nk. I'll be getting to the front at DL so I'm not too desperate to be really far forward at Hyde Park, but it'd be great to see Iggy again and I'd really like to see The Mars Volta.

Much chance of it selling out?

Also, am I right in remembering that buses that usually run past Marble Arch don't stop after gigs there? Or has that changed now?

Arsew*nk. I'll be getting to the front at DL so I'm not too desperate to be really far forward at Hyde Park, but it'd be great to see Iggy again and I'd really like to see The Mars Volta.

Much chance of it selling out?

Also, am I right in remembering that buses that usually run past Marble Arch don't stop after gigs there? Or has that changed now?

• The acts for the BT London Live Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert in Hyde Park will be announced on Tuesday 1 May (check back here then).

• Tickets are priced at £60 plus a £6.50 service charge per ticket and a £3.50 booking fee per transaction. They go on sale to the general public on Friday 4 May.

Cor, £70 tickets! That's a good tenner more than Blur with fees. That makes me think McCartney to be honest, although I'm not sure how he'd fail to qualify for 'Best of British'. I hope the news leaks before Tuesday, I'm sure it will.

no-one reckon they could surprise us (in a good or bad way depending who you are) by either throwing a big gig with loads of current pop (jessie j, ed sheeran, can't really think who else)

or with a massive reunion (stones, clash with a new singer, smiths :/ )

i would prefer the first purely because i can't afford to go to london twice this summer from glasgow if its a big reunion :(

Don't think current pop is an option for this concert. Jessie j is at wireless, and many others are at the torch concerts the day before. Can't think of any current pop that would justify a 70 quid price tag. The only other tickets in that range are Bruce and Madonna this year, so I'm expecting someone of the same size at least.

Judging by the news articles about keith moon (!?) the who have been asked for this or one of the ceremonies. As daltrey was on stage with mccartney, weller and ronnie wood recently plus ronnie has appeared with mccartney seperately in the past year and has an evening 'with friends' coming up as well... I can see there being something involving at least some of that lot.

If the ceremonies themselves are having singers with backing tracks as reported it would be strange having rock bands playing it so i'd guess more likely adele playing there. As they are doing the official song I think elbow will be involved somewhere too.

It won't be anyone playing wireless/hrc/torch celebration or other hyde park gigs and i can't see it being anyone at v or hackney big weekend either. I don't buy the logic of it not being british because of the title of the blur one - this could end up with a similiar name or even under the same banner. Still, it's all guess work!

Interesting that efests just has macca and adele as strong rumours though.

Don't think they would charge that much...I'd love it if they was though, maybe if they had a big sub Elbow/another headliner...

(Someone in the reading forum said they are rumors they are doing a gig at the O2 in October as warmup type thing prior to the new album/tour)

Don't think they would charge that much...I'd love it if they was though, maybe if they had a big sub Elbow/another headliner...

(Someone in the reading forum said they are rumors they are doing a gig at the O2 in October as warmup type thing prior to the new album/tour)