Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi As I have tried to score accesible tickets for HRC Satturday night, but have not succeed, I wonder if anybody know`s of any good alternatives on the field to go stand with a wheelchair?

I was thinking maybe straight behind the mail light/sound tower? At least we`ll be able to see the videoscreen from there.

Another option would be way on the side of the stage but I`m not sure if there`s any room there.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi As I have tried to score accesible tickets for HRC Satturday night, but have not succeed, I wonder if anybody know`s of any good alternatives on the field to go stand with a wheelchair?

I was thinking maybe straight behind the mail light/sound tower? At least we`ll be able to see the videoscreen from there.

Another option would be way on the side of the stage but I`m not sure if there`s any room there.

Any help would be appreciated

London Live have been giving it the usual guff about how there will be an announcement soon for the Opening Ceremony concert, but as of yesterday they were claiming to be 'still working' on the special guest for the Closing Ceremony. Looks like it could still be anyone then!

Bombay Bicycle Club are playing te closing day with Blur, The Specials and fakenew order. they've "accidentally" leaked it in an interview with Coventry Telegraph - http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/themusicabyss/2012/04/exclusive-bombay-bicycle-club.html

any idea how many other bands we can expect that day? and do we think it'll be just one stage or multiple stages like wireless?

I'd imagine that, if Bombay Bicycle Club are playing, then that's the lot. They only mentioned one special guest band would be playing other than New Order and The Specials. They're playing a sold out Alexandra Palace in a few weeks, so they're certainly big enough. Nice to have a 'non reformed' band on the bill.

So just the opening to wait for now. It wont be this week coming apparently, so maybe the week beginning Monday 16th?

As you probably know already I'm making the trip from scotland down to Hyde Park for HRC but I now need to get tickets for the Blur gig

I didn't have money at the time and I wasn't sure I could go down twice in one summer.

I can now, I know it's sold out so does anyone on here know what the best place to get a ticket for this would be? I've seen a couple on ebay but I'm not quite sure. Any other suggestions from anyone on here?

Help is much appreciated! :D

I'm fairly happy with Bombay. I much prefer them to say, Elbow, who were rumoured. They're not amazing live, but I've not managed to catch a full set of theirs before (at Beni last year I left to see the whole of Mumford and I left the John Peel tent at Glasto because it was packed and stuffy as hell) so I'm willing to give them a fair shot. Both their albums (I don't count the acoustic one) are pretty good, especially the first one.

Saying that, I see them at Werchter too though so it could have been better. I would have preferred some of the other rumours but I'll get over it. Now it's supposed to be Blur's last ever gig it's a bit more special, and The Specials are an obvious bonus.

very happy with bombay, seen them a shed load of times but I know what i'll be getting with them whereas I think i'd just be bored off my tits if I had to go through another elbow set again.

I'm was hoping for the roses to do a hyde park/london gig this year, definitely not paying through my arse to see them at v fest

Ronnie wood on going back into the studio this month...

"It's like working out for the Olympics or something. You've got to go into training. So we're going to go into training."

I still think they'll do something this summer even if the world tour doesn't start till next year