Starting to think that sonisphere may end up being cancelled this year.

Guest teeman89

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, there's plenty of bands out there with no UK/EU plans so far...as for Download being strong, I disagree, they've got a couple of strong bands, the rest is just repeats and boring bands that played in 2010 and play here every year...I really wanted to go when Sabbath and then Soundgarden were announced but the rest of the line up is putting me off, massively. As for Reading, they don't have anyone yet, it's all rumours, so bit hard to judge...

This is it. The pool from which soni and dl pick their bands isn't deep enough to moan about bands being repeats when they've played other festivals. Now those bands returning after the hype has died down with no new material is the issue. ;)

All I can say is thank fuck for reunions eh! :P

I don't mind repeats, when justified, like new albums and the likes, or if they are back by demand, but if most of the line up is just bands that played a year or two ago then there's not much point in returning is there? Obviously it's all down to opinion though, if the bands are repeats and bands I don't like, then I'm not going to be happy, am I? If it's bands I like then I'll be less fussed, but even if the festival had all bands I like but half or more of the line up was repeats, I'd be miffed.

Faith No More haven't done a UK show since 2009, that's 3 years, and even then that was on a fairly short reunion tour where they just did 2 festivals, one small Scottish date, and one Small Irish date, so they aren't exactly over-exposed are they?