Big Chill 2009

Guest TalkShow Bob

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much!!!! that is kick ass! im not sure i am going to get there..but im sure i will figure it out! im so excited!!!!

Where exactly is this festival, and is it an electronic festival in the same vein as the likes of Creamfields or much better than that?

It's in the Malvern hills ..... for you, coming down from Scotland, you'd go just south of Brum on the M6, then along the M50 towards Wales for 10-20 miles.

Music is varied - there's a fair bit of electronic dance music (but not all as up-tempo as at the likes of Creamfields), along with plenty of live acts of varied styles (tho nothing too rawkus) from rock to (nu)folk-ish.

It's in the Malvern hills ..... for you, coming down from Scotland, you'd go just south of Brum on the M6, then along the M50 towards Wales for 10-20 miles.

Music is varied - there's a fair bit of electronic dance music (but not all as up-tempo as at the likes of Creamfields), along with plenty of live acts of varied styles (tho nothing too rawkus) from rock to (nu)folk-ish.

I'm guessing that there will be coaches laid on (same as previous years), probably leaving from central Birmingham but that's easy to get to from the airport (Birmingham International station is next to it and there's a direct train)

Or alternatively there's a direct train service from central Birmingham (New Street station) to Great Malvern and shuttle buses will be laid on from there to the festival i'm sure.

If you hang around here i'm sure more information will be available nearer the time (and maybe the chance of a lift share from Birmingham :lol: )

The very man :lol:

Trying to work out travel logistics now for what festivals I have booked, rest are pretty easy though apart from Big Chill.

So would I be best to either fly/train to Birmingham then work it from there?

:lol: Super...

Just to add... you're more than welcome to kip down at mine, the night before (wednesday) if that makes things easier/cheaper. Not sure what Lucy's plans are yet but that offer's open to her too.

Am sure Mikey would like to see you again :wacko: