Interview advice please

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, the first day was good. Induction but as there were 5 of us in the same department starting on the same day it was one big introduction session. Felt a lot like first day of school lol. The job seems really interesting and everyone ill be working with were really nice so looks like ive landed on my feet. I put the suit on last night and decided that I didnt feel right in it and would spend my whole time worrieing that I was in a a suit so just wore the trousers a shirt and tie but didnt feel under dressed.

I got one an ID card with a lanyard for your kneck and having worked at so meny festivals over the years I have a lot of festival lanyards so im currently trying to work out if it would be acceptable and not really really sad to change my boring blue lanyard to a cool festival one.

Glad it went well mate, not sure about the festival lanyard depends on how corporate the company are, but they will get the message when you put in your holiday request form. My new boss actually shuddered when I said glastonbury festival, then she looked me in the eye and said well if you can take theat this place will be a piece of cake :lol:

Aww mate now remember victoria sponge cake and tears just don't mix you;ll make your cake all soggy. Rabid is a very lucky man but I am sure he knows this already big hugs I am sure it will all go really well at your new place. After all you are bloody amazing gf xx

Thanks guys, the first day was good. Induction but as there were 5 of us in the same department starting on the same day it was one big introduction session. Felt a lot like first day of school lol. The job seems really interesting and everyone ill be working with were really nice so looks like ive landed on my feet. I put the suit on last night and decided that I didnt feel right in it and would spend my whole time worrieing that I was in a a suit so just wore the trousers a shirt and tie but didnt feel under dressed.

I got one an ID card with a lanyard for your kneck and having worked at so meny festivals over the years I have a lot of festival lanyards so im currently trying to work out if it would be acceptable and not really really sad to change my boring blue lanyard to a cool festival one.

Edited by SharonStoned

still haven't heard anything from either job, i would no begin to persume i have been as they say 'unsucessful' ;)

i've been offered a job in glasgow sherrif court. working in cases just doing stuff like calling the people into the courtroom and admin work like doing some reports and stuff. i really want the job. but it's only temporary. my pal who works in the court says temporary jobs always become permanent but i feel like it would be so daft to leave my job for another job which may not become permanent, and i could end up with no job.

i'm going to have to turn it down. :lol:

but i'll still be on the reserve list for a permanent job and turning down the temp job won't affect my place on the list, so i suppose there is still hope.

gutted at having to turn it down though. especially since i hate my job and the company i work for right now, and i'm desperate to leave. :D

Edited by _rachelbon