Interview advice please

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied for a place at Midwifery school last year. The interview was an absolute nightmare, and one of the interviewers appeared anti male. It got to a stage were I gave up and fought back. I was asked the question "As a male how can you relate to the pain of childbirth?" Answer "I would think its akin to trying to shit a 9lb medicine ball". Question "As a male, you may alienate the father, how would you go about setting a good relationship " Answer "Tell them I am gay" and finally "As a male midwife what do you think the mother wants from you during the final stages of labour" Answer "To get out of her the 9lb medicine ball she has been squeezing out for the past 8 hours?"

Amazingly I got a place, 1 of 25 out of nearly a 1000 applicants and the only male. But been a w*nker in the past and having a rather dark CRB put paid to that.

The interview I had yesterday that I thought had gone badly, didn't they rang this morning and offered me the job!! I HAVE GOT A NEW JOB :) Thanks for all your good luck wishes guys and Kat I hope the interview has gone well, still got everything crossed for you mate x

The interview I had yesterday that I thought had gone badly, didn't they rang this morning and offered me the job!! I HAVE GOT A NEW JOB :) Thanks for all your good luck wishes guys and Kat I hope the interview has gone well, still got everything crossed for you mate x

still haven't heard anything from either job, i would no begin to persume i have been as they say 'unsucessful' :lol:

Well done!!!! :lol:

I didn't get the job :D

His exact words were "You did a fantastic interview but I'm afraid it's bad news, you were great in the interview but we're going to have to decline due to you not having any experience of working in a large learning resource centre".

Which I translated as meaning the smug faced bitch who never said a word when we were having our tour of the college and post briefing, who already worked in the learning resource centre at York college, had already got the job before the interviewing even began :P

At least I get to claim back any expenses, but what a f**king farce.

Mr Cheese took me out for a meal and got me drunk to help me forget. He bought me a raspberry and champagne cocktail and everything. He's lovely!

I didn't get the job :blink:

His exact words were "You did a fantastic interview but I'm afraid it's bad news, you were great in the interview but we're going to have to decline due to you not having any experience of working in a large learning resource centre".

Which I translated as meaning the smug faced bitch who never said a word when we were having our tour of the college and post briefing, who already worked in the learning resource centre at York college, had already got the job before the interviewing even began :lol:

Mr Cheese took me out for a meal and got me drunk to help me forget. He bought me a raspberry and champagne cocktail and everything. He's lovely!

I didn't get the job :blink:

Which I translated as meaning the smug faced bitch who never said a word when we were having our tour of the college and post briefing, who already worked in the learning resource centre at York college, had already got the job before the interviewing even began :lol: