Rhythm Festival 2008 - 29, 30, 31 August, Twinwood Arena, Near Bedford

Guest rhythm2006

Quicksilver AND Starship AND the Saw Doctors - WoW - this is the stuff of dreams for an ageing hippy and Docs fan like meself... Can anyone give me a bit of advice on the camping please: I like the idea of having the car next to the tent (campsite B ), but I also like the idea of camping right next to the arena - anyone know how far the car park is from campsite A? I found a site layout but it doesn't show the campsites or the parking...

Edited by JaneG

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quicksilver AND Starship AND the Saw Doctors - WoW - this is the stuff of dreams for an ageing hippy and Docs fan like meself... Can anyone give me a bit of advice on the camping please: I like the idea of having the car next to the tent (campsite B ), but I also like the idea of camping right next to the arena - anyone know how far the car park is from campsite A? I found a site layout but it doesn't show the campsites or the parking...

If you look at http://www.twinwoodevents.com/twinwood-site-plan.htm

The main camping has previously been to the south of the arena in the large green bit with the arrow, bottom right of the pic. which I sounds like campsite B from your description.

If campsite A is the quiet area I'm guessing it will over the road & somewhere off the map in the bottom left of the pic.

If all is as before you can camp adjacent to the arena AND have your car alongside you, on the proviso that you won't be able to move it for the duration. I think parking by your tent applies wherever you are, but if you want to use the car at any time over the weekend you'll have to leave it in the car park. The quiet area is new this year & I recall (can't find it right now) reading something about an 800 metre walk?

Hope this makes some sense - just in after a long nights work & a bit frazzled..............

• 1 month later...
Has anyone been there? I'm tempted by the line-up (Big Star, Jah Wobble and Steve Cropper in particular) but it's a new one to me. Would it be suitable to take my 3-year-old daughter to?

• 1 month later...
:P Hi! Just wanted to say that we have 2 spare earlybird tickets for this great chilled friendly festie, recommendable for its atmosphere alone. Unfortunately, our friends can no longer come along for various reasons that I can't really go into here :lol: But we'd love for someone to enjoy this brilliant little fezzie - will sell at cost value - we're not touts looking to make a profit :P Thanks guys :P (Hope this is okay, Jim?)

• 4 weeks later...
:lol: Hi! Just wanted to say that we have 2 spare earlybird tickets for this great chilled friendly festie, recommendable for its atmosphere alone. Unfortunately, our friends can no longer come along for various reasons that I can't really go into here :lol: But we'd love for someone to enjoy this brilliant little fezzie - will sell at cost value - we're not touts looking to make a profit :lol: Thanks guys :lol: (Hope this is okay, Jim?)

Me too! I love Rhythm Festival and I've been going to these things since 1972. I was at the original Glastonbury and I was beated by 'bobbies' at the notorious Windsor 'Beanfield', attended more Stonehenge freebies than was good for me and I'll tell you a BIG thing - the only festie I've been to in the last 10 years that gave me any sense of well being was RF.

And, to top it all, I was chilling out with Donovan in Spain last year, and all he wanted to talk about was how happy he felt doing rhythm festival in 2006. He was a tad pee-ed off they hadn't invited him back the year after, but hey! That's life (as Esther used to say to Doc Cox).

f**k Guilfest, Lartitud, Glastonbury and the rest! Let's support Rhythm. I see tales of grief every year when idiots try and put on festies (zoo8, rainbow spirit, even cornbury) but RF seems to be run by genuine fans who seem able to run the thing capably. Toilets, showers and everything!!!)

Look no further, I say (where's my f**king frreebie -HA! HA!)

Me too! I love Rhythm Festival and I've been going to these things since 1972. I was at the original Glastonbury and I was beated by 'bobbies' at the notorious Windsor 'Beanfield', attended more Stonehenge freebies than was good for me and I'll tell you a BIG thing - the only festie I've been to in the last 10 years that gave me any sense of well being was RF.

And, to top it all, I was chilling out with Donovan in Spain last year, and all he wanted to talk about was how happy he felt doing rhythm festival in 2006. He was a tad pee-ed off they hadn't invited him back the year after, but hey! That's life (as Esther used to say to Doc Cox).

f**k Guilfest, Lartitud, Glastonbury and the rest! Let's support Rhythm. I see tales of grief every year when idiots try and put on festies (zoo8, rainbow spirit, even cornbury) but RF seems to be run by genuine fans who seem able to run the thing capably. Toilets, showers and everything!!!)

Look no further, I say (where's my f**king frreebie -HA! HA!)

We looked into doing Rhythm Festival for the first time this year as a possible alternative to Beautiful Days.

Living in North London means a quick whizz up the M1 for us to get to, rather than a trek to Devon, plus plenty of chilled out acts (Although some my parents would be familiar with just as much as me!!)

I travel up every year from Cornwall for Rhythm Festival, with my similarly aged friends.

The experience will be further enhanced knowing we defy expectation on our "Logans Run" ............. :D

You should reconsider if you possibly can Harry ...... sod the Chems! :D

Tickets will stay on sale for a while, keep your options open man!

William of Walworth, 46 in August)

I can honestly say that Rhythm Festival (if the first two years is anything to go by) attracts people of practically all ages. The majority are probably in their 30s, but there's also a lot in the 40s, 50s and older. It's not that different to Guilfest or Cornbury with the exception that groups of hard-drinking blokes in their 20s tend to give Rhythm Festival a miss.

My brother's 50th birthday do, after a lot of dithering by him :lol: has now been set for the weekend of 8-10 August, so (infuriatingly!) because of this it's Endorse It In Dorset we miss.

I've very reluctantly promised to sell our EiiD tix to an Urban75 friend now ... had to! The cash will come in handy I spose.

excellent William - your absence has now guaranteed sun for EiiD. :)

excellent William - your absence has now guaranteed sun for EiiD. :)
Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!