Rhythm Festival 2008 - 29, 30, 31 August, Twinwood Arena, Near Bedford

Guest rhythm2006

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding weather... I've just consulted a guy who claims to be able to predict weather trends 90% of the time and he says that the last weekend in August will be - in his opinion - in Central England, at least:

"Hot and sunny with no more than a 10% chance of rain."

Those are my kind of odds!

Regarding weather... I've just consulted a guy who claims to be able to predict weather trends 90% of the time and he says that the last weekend in August will be - in his opinion - in Central England, at least:

"Hot and sunny with no more than a 10% chance of rain."

Those are my kind of odds!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep it's the same guy.

And... I've recently been talking to a local farmer who explained that Rhythm Festival falls during his harvest time and it's not rained in Clapham at harvest since he was a boy. And he's almost as old as me, so that's be at least 20 years ago!

I am really really tempted by this, this year - maybe its just my age (not quite forty) but it looks a blinding line-up of people I thought I'd never see and stuff I'm revisiting from my youth (Michelle Shocked! Last time I saw her was at Liverpool Royal Court in 1988-ish). BUT... £30 for camping if I'm on my own....suddenly makes this really not affordable. Have I understood it right - same for me as for those in a big-old six-man tent? Yikes!

I am really really tempted by this, this year - maybe its just my age (not quite forty) but it looks a blinding line-up of people I thought I'd never see and stuff I'm revisiting from my youth (Michelle Shocked! Last time I saw her was at Liverpool Royal Court in 1988-ish). BUT... £30 for camping if I'm on my own....suddenly makes this really not affordable. Have I understood it right - same for me as for those in a big-old six-man tent? Yikes!

Just been looking at the amazing line up. The festival is only 15 miles up the road for me although I can't go for the whole weekend I really want to go on Sunday.

Does anyone know the opening and closing times for the arena each day? I have looked on the official website but cannot find any times.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Just been looking at the amazing line up. The festival is only 15 miles up the road for me although I can't go for the whole weekend I really want to go on Sunday.

Does anyone know the opening and closing times for the arena each day? I have looked on the official website but cannot find any times.

Did you get Chems tickets in the end then?

There'll be plenty good on at Rhythm on ALL days, Sunday would be good for you if that's your best day.

Do It!! ;)

Sunday 31st August

Jefferson Starship

Richie Havens

The Zombies

Nine Below Zero

Man

Delroy Williams & The Junction Band

Neville Staple Band

Ricky Cool & The Hoola Boola Boys

Juicy Lucy

Gandalf Murphy & The Slambovian Circus of Dreams

Tiny Tin Lady

Chris Mayfield Band

The Foxes

Smashing Time

and more…

Edited by William of Walworth

• 3 weeks later...

Just got tickets for Sunday - so looking forward to a day of live music before the summer ends. :)

Are any other efesters going to be there - I will be wearing my Glastonbury monorail badge and Mr. Thatcats will be wearing an efestivals tshirt - don't be shy please come over to us and say hello to us. :)

I'm there and so is Deb. :lol:

Positive early weather signals for after this weekend. John Holmes on Netweather is a professional, now independent, forecaster, ex-Met office. Here are (part of!) his latest thoughts, recently posted on the Netweather forums :

So my idea is much as the outlook really from the UK Met Office in their 6-15 day outlook yesterday, so I copy that as its as near the mark, I think, to what anyone can give;

Thereafter its how unsettled it becomes and for how far south. I still feel that ... there is more likelihood of a fairly settled period developing towards the month end, much as I suspect I’ll be posting in my long range forecast this evening.

Edited by William of Walworth

SHOCK!! HORROR!!!

As ever, Rhythm Festival 2008 bucks the trend by NOT cancelling for this weekend (29th to 31st)...

Nor are we sold out (PLENTY OF TICKETS LEFT)...

Plus THE WEATHER WILL BE FINE AND SUNNY!!!

Can it get any better?

Come on, support Rhythm Festival 2008 and (unless you already have one) buy your tickets NOW. (If not, I'll come round and lick your strawberries!)

It'll be a great weekend - guaranteed!

See you there!

cheers

jim

Well bugger me..... thought our Festie Season was over when we missed Solfest--but IS has indicated her interest in attending Rhytmn again--so--so be it.. tickets are had and our presence is assured.

Any efesters--please look out for the flying ORANGE MAN and please stop by for chat,drink.eat,sharing,singing,dancing and merryment... but yer might have to be quiet if the bairns just gone off.

Hendrix`s 1st festival --aged 10 (days!!!!)

Den

Sorry Jim but the neighbour's cat beat you to the strawberries! :P

Hope Rhythm goes well though, I've missed it in previous years as it clashed with my own Wickham (Stokes Bay) Festival but I must try and get along next weekend - artists and audience who attended previous years say Rhythm is a great Festival so I hope all goes well and lots more people buy tickets... there's a great line-up!

Hi-- have TWO full weekend tickets available if anybody is interested. No camping booked with them mind--so you`d have to book that yourself.

Two friends have had to cock off so cant go.

Can meet up to collect en route or whatever suitable.... The Orange Man will be flying.

Reasonable Offers accepted.

den

Good luck on selling them denini ...

I hope Jim sells more tickets, this really is an excellent festival which has treated us very kindly, we wouldn't be a couple now -- and well established now, too, over a year!! -- if it wasn't for Rhythm! :PB)

One of my main highlights will be the LEGEND that is Richie Havens :D:(:(

So many other great names too.

Also, we keenly anticipate the new real ale bar! :)

Met Office's forecast (updated 3 am this morning) looks good, especially Friday and Saturday .... fingers crossed for avoidng those thunderstorms on Sunday though :D .

Still, showers by their nature don't go everywhere -- we may get lucky and dodge them.

There's sunshine here at Clapham now... to be honest we've had more sunshine than cloud, hope it continues! (Sure it will).

Anyway, for those who are interested, here's the running order:

RHYTHM FESTIVAL 2008:

Final timings

FRIDAY

Main Stage

17:00- GANDALF MURPHY (RF backline/ 60 mins)

18:30- MICHELLE SHOCKED (70 mins)

20:00- STEVE CROPPER & THE ANIMALS (90 mins)

22:00- BIG STAR (80 mins)

Alternative Stage

16:00- DAVE SUTHERLAND BAND (60 mins)

17:30- CENTRAL RESERVATION (60 mins)

19:00- NUMBER 1 STATION (60 mins)

20:30-WILKO JOHNSON (RF backline/ 60 mins)

22:00- CHAS & DAVE (60 mins)

Marquee Club Stage

19:00- DJ Steve Ashdown

20:15- BILL POSTERS WILL BE BAND (2 x 60 mins @ 20:15 & 21:45) + DJ Steve Ashdown

SATURDAY

Main Stage

12:15- SMASHING TIME (40 mins)

13:15- DELROY WILLIAMS & THE JUNCTION BAND (RF Backline/ 60 mins)

14:45- QUICKSILVER MESSENGER SERVICE (RF Backline/ 90 mins)

16:45- JAH WOBBLE SPECIAL EVENT 75 mins)

18:30- MIKE SANCHEZ BAND (60 mins)

20:00- THE PRETTY THINGS (75 mins)

22:00- SAW DOCTORS (75 mins)

Alternative Stage

11:30- SHEDLOAD OF LOVE (60mins)

13:00- PJ WRIGHT (60 mins)

14:30- JOHN WESLEY HARDING (60 mins)

16:15- THE TOASTERS (75 mins)

18:00- HEY NEGRITA! (75 mins)

19:45- CHAS HODGES ROCK 'n' ROLL TRIO (75 mins)

21:30- STACKRIDGE (90 mins)

Marquee Club Stage

12:00- STONE FOUNDATION (60 mins)

13:30- BRUISE (60 mins)

14:45- CORINNE LUCY (45 mins)

15:45- THE MALCHICKS (45 mins)

17:00- 3AM (60 mins)

18:15- COMEDY

20:15-New Orleans Mardis Gras with DIZ & THE DOORMEN & Mark Lamarr (2 sets @ 20:15 and 21:30)

SUNDAY

Main Stage

12:00- GANDALF MURPHY (RF backline/ 75 mins)

13:45- RICKY COOL & THE HOOLA BOOLA BOYS (60 mins)

15:15- THE ZOMBIES (75 mins)

17:00- JEFFERSON STARSHIP (RF backline/ 90 mins)

18:50- RICHIE HAVENS (RF backline/ 70 mins)

20:30- NINE BELOW ZERO (75 mins)

Alternative Stage

11:30- THE FOXES (45 mins)

12:45- CHRIS MAYFIELD BAND (60 mins)

14:10- DANI WILDE (60 mins)

15:30- JUICY LUCY (60 mins)

17:00- NEVILE STAPLE (70 mins)

18:45- GENO WASHINGTON (60 mins)

20:15- MAN BAND (90 mins)

Marquee Club Stage

12:00- TRAMPS & HORSES (50 mins)

13:15- BLACK BART (50 mins)

14:30- NEW GROOVE FORMATION (50 mins)

15:45- FASTLANE ROOGALATOR (60 mins)

17:15- TINY TIN LADY (45 mins)

18:30- COMEDY/ BURLESQUE/ DJ (90 mins)

All timings subject to change, blah, blah, blah!