Shhhhhhhhhh

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Shambalians :)

Does anyone know if it's definitely okay to take a transit van on a live in vehicle pass? I know it's okay to pitch a tent next to your van but does the van have to be converted to live in? We were going to take ours but it's just a normal van. The ticket info says "

For camper vans / car & caravan / trucks etc. NOT cars."

Edited by Muddy Welly

Hi Shambalians :)

Does anyone know if it's definitely okay to take a transit van on a live in vehicle pass? I know it's okay to pitch a tent next to your van but does the van have to be converted to live in? We were going to take ours but it's just a normal van. The ticket info says "

For camper vans / car & caravan / trucks etc. NOT cars."

• 3 weeks later...

Not got our tickets just yet but will do in the next few weeks ! ive had a look at the E flyer they have online,do think some names appear year after year witch is not so appealing but some gems in there too (Billy Bragg), some one else has said they have never found the secret bar and knor have we so might be the mission this year! thimk we going it alone again this year, people not got the cash to do the festies amymore !

Not got our tickets just yet but will do in the next few weeks ! ive had a look at the E flyer they have online,do think some names appear year after year witch is not so appealing but some gems in there too (Billy Bragg), some one else has said they have never found the secret bar and knor have we so might be the mission this year! thimk we going it alone again this year, people not got the cash to do the festies amymore !

Bought me and a mate a ticket for it this evening. Also just bought a dress off ebay for £6 because the site says you can't get into the ladies disco without looking at least a bit like a woman. Apparently there's going to be help there for the blokes to achieve this anyway.

This brings my total fests to 3 this year. Just hope I'm fit enough for Bestival 2 weeks later.

if you don't know them, I hope you're all familiarising yourselves with the Twinkle Brothers?

It'd be sad beyond words if there was just the handful of people to watch them as there was at Bestival a few years ago. They're an absolutely classic reggae band!!!

That reminds me of one Halloween where we dressed up and the boys were in drag. One Polish lad looked fed up and I asked if he was ok. He said "no, I do not like being a girl. My bra hurts, my shoes hurt and I am cold in this dress!" - welcome to our world!

Seriously though, good on you for being up for it. May I suggest a charity shop where you can try stuff on?

I've gone and bought another dress off ebay a size up now. It arrived this morning but I have yet to see if it fits. I'll do so in a bit and let you know how it pans out. I've also this afternoon bought on line a kilt which is my size, so I'll use that if this dress doesn't fit.

Well, that's another few quid down the drain. Not only doesn't the new dress fit over me but had it done so it wouldn't even have covered my tackle. Obviously made for a much smaller person than me who wants to show off a lot of leg.

Miesh - I can also send your other half a very scanty size 16 dress if that's more his size. That said, if he's anything over about 5' 8" he'll be showing his wares off!

Well, that's another few quid down the drain. Not only doesn't the new dress fit over me but had it done so it wouldn't even have covered my tackle. Obviously made for a much smaller person than me who wants to show off a lot of leg.

Miesh - I can also send your other half a very scanty size 16 dress if that's more his size. That said, if he's anything over about 5' 8" he'll be showing his wares off!

We had a good time (not as good as previous years) but all in all we enjoyed ourselves. Highspot for me was the beatbox workshop and lowspot was some random (totally off his head) trying to get into our sleeping bag with us at 3.30am this morning. Thankfully he wasn't a thief because he'd opened the main zip, then opened the inner zip and was peering over us calling for "Lisa". Neither of us had heard him coming in, I screamed like a banshe for him to get out of the tent but he was still asking for lisa, then my other half screamed at him to get out and he said "Oh sorry mate" and went leaving both zips open wide open. It scared the living daylights out of us cos we were both flat out. Made me think though that I was glad I wasn't sleeping alone in the tent. Can smile about in now but had trouble going back to sleep at the time.