END OF THE ROAD FESTIVAL

Guest Ginger Monkey

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite right- im guessing they read the front of the booklet and little else- and didnt even bother to go to the website. the inner page of the booklet lays out a pledge to provide an 'intimate, non corporate festival experience where

-the whole lineup is the headliner

-bands play longer sets

-high quality, locally soucred and organic food,

-caring friendly security

-no advertising hoardings

-crowd their for the music....

Oh....and of course having a SWEDISH SHOWCASE and a SECRETLY CANADIAN SHOWCASE----those two things dont target specific audiences?

Rather brilliantly- end of the road conforms to all of the other 'rules' listed.....unique headliners- Super Furry ANimals, Yo la Tengo and midlake, and a full band lambchop (check)

and finally...

if you look at his other articles- the bands he likes , are in the mainpart, either fashion elecro bands, or bleepy trend bands............and theyve all been around for ages....

rubbish

I've done the Larmer Tree Fest in the past. I can't dribe, but I hope my friend comes with her car. If not, there is a standard bus link from Salisbury Bus Station (the main one just off the market square) with buses serving Weymouth and/or Blandford Forum, these are double deckers, usually, and leave Salisbury hourly, calling at the end of the lane** (no miore than hal a mile from the site)

**Driver can tell you which lane ...

But if there's a special dedicated minibus service that would be so much better

I've done the Larmer Tree Fest in the past. I can't drive, but I hope my friend comes with her car. If not, there is a standard bus link from Salisbury Bus Station (the main one just off the market square) with buses serving Weymouth and/or Blandford Forum, these are double deckers, usually, and leave Salisbury hourly, calling at the end of the lane** (no miore than hal a mile from the site)

**Driver can tell you which lane ...

But if there's a special dedicated minibus service that would be so much better

I so much want to book my ticket and will do so soon, but I'm waiting to see if my good friend wants to come too .... I should know before the end of the week though, one way ot t'other.

There should be a reasonable number of tix left though, they were advertising in the Guardian on Saturday ....

WAHOO MY TICKET IS BOOKED!!! ill be with chownsy and our friend andrew :angry:

the festival is only down the road from me!!

I've been thinking about getting a ticket for this for the last couple of months. Weather, money & noone to go with were all issues to consider, but 10mins after reading this thread for the first time in ages - WOOHAR I have ticket booked!

Good old eFests, always effective at twisting me arm.... :angry:

I've been thinking about getting a ticket for this for the last couple of months. Weather, money & noone to go with were all issues to consider, but 10mins after reading this thread for the first time in ages - WOOHAR I have ticket booked!

Good old eFests, always effective at twisting me arm.... :angry:

Edited by chownsy

Booked this festival purely on the strength of Lambchop, Willard Grant Conspiracy, Midlake, Malcolm Middleton, The Twilight Sad, British Sea Power, Sunny Day Sets Fire, Hush the Many and I'm From Barcelona......but been investigating the bands I didn't know and I'm starting to get seriously excited........

Wave Pictures, Actress Hands, Reigns, Fireworks Night, HYacinth House, Young Republic, Woodpigeon, Seventeen Evergree, Viking Moses, Lonna Kelley and Wovenhand all seem damn good and there's plenty more are "intriguing".

Mind, for those who've not been....the site and the bar are the real stars.

My only worry is saving enough energy for the sunday!!!!!!!!!!!