END OF THE ROAD FESTIVAL

Guest Ginger Monkey

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey clegg- would have thought hawley was unlikely----due to him being in scotland the day before and somewhere else on sunday....... plus with Howe Gelb curating friday im not sure it would work........an awful lot of bands already lined up for the saturday- cant see where hawley would fit in, inless he jsut orders the bands that are already playing- which isnt really curation....still i wont complain, it would mean camera obscura would play and they are aces.....

In fact, I've just remembered that there are more named to be confirmed, as a friend of mine met Simon at the recent Young Republic instore and was told a name not yet announced, which I won't repeat here just in case (it's an American singer-songwriter) but is yet another very exciting booking.

the gist of the articel was they would have a library with a stern librarian in situe........

in new band news- in the past couple of weeks ive met a few bands who have got through via the band application competition,,,including- actress hands, Salter Cane, and Michael J Sheeny (ex dream city film club)....should be a cracker.

ANd after seeing Josh T Pearson support soulsavers frankly i cant wait.....

Also about to be added, according to other sources, are It Hugs Back, My Sad Captains, Napoleon IIIrd and Peggy Sue And The Pirates, who I want to see get into a fight with Pete And The Pirates.

Personally, it's getting past the "fantastic, there's some excellent new names" stage now and well into "bloody hell, how many stage time clashes will there be?"

Also about to be added, according to other sources, are It Hugs Back, My Sad Captains, Napoleon IIIrd and Peggy Sue And The Pirates, who I want to see get into a fight with Pete And The Pirates.

Personally, it's getting past the "fantastic, there's some excellent new names" stage now and well into "bloody hell, how many stage time clashes will there be?"

Due to changing jobs I can't afford a ticket to this until the end of August but I'm hoping it won't have sold out by then. Last year was truly wonderful, and after a disappointing Glastonbury, I could do with more of the same.

Signor, we met Simon at Glasto and I think I know who you're talking about, although I was given the impression that it is now more likely for next year. It's not like they're short of great bands this year.

Having done it once though, I would advise everyone who isn't driving to bring taxi money. We waited at Salisbury station for three hours last time for the shuttle bus service - turned out to be one mini-bus. And on the way back it didn't even take us as far as Salisbury, but a pub halfway along the route. Having no cashpoints onsite didn't help, either.

Anyway, I feel that this thread is sufficiently bumped.

Due to changing jobs I can't afford a ticket to this until the end of August but I'm hoping it won't have sold out by then. Last year was truly wonderful, and after a disappointing Glastonbury, I could do with more of the same.

Signor, we met Simon at Glasto and I think I know who you're talking about, although I was given the impression that it is now more likely for next year. It's not like they're short of great bands this year.

Having done it once though, I would advise everyone who isn't driving to bring taxi money. We waited at Salisbury station for three hours last time for the shuttle bus service - turned out to be one mini-bus. And on the way back it didn't even take us as far as Salisbury, but a pub halfway along the route. Having no cashpoints onsite didn't help, either.

Anyway, I feel that this thread is sufficiently bumped.