END OF THE ROAD FESTIVAL

Guest Ginger Monkey

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a plan.....what are your next targets....

i may try to get to maria taylor tonight as my friend jim is supporting. beard and a stupid jumper is how you spot me. Today, its got a moose on it.....and says MAINE.....

Sean and Dave are absolute legends and if there was an award for best promoters in the land it would go to them.

was listening to sean rowley joy of music (one of the best shows about at the moment- listen back on bbc london webpage...its really worth it, specially all you end of the road/greenman listening type fans........) anyway, was listening and heard him play tracks by Young Republic, who are playing at EOTR this year....tis the first i've heard that isn't on their mypace (yeah i know- i do go and check bands on the myspace when theyve been announced at festies im going to......glasto took me weeks! (that is a joke....i appologise)...

anyway....point here is....heard the young republic- sound good....looking forward to seeing them at eotr----and i dare say i might check them out at glasto too....

also in band requests for the day:

Thee Stranded Horse

just bought the album churning strides- a frenchman who plays Kora (african Harp) and guitar (and on one track both at the same time!) and sounds like bill callaghan singing joanna newsom to sleep....its rather wonderfull......

Yeah I'm from Barcelona would go down well again as a sunday morning slot-shakes off the cobwebs of a hangover!

There was a rumour that Richard Hawley was playing again this year but he's just announced a September tour and he's in Scotland the weekend of EOTR which is a shame as he was one of the highlights for me last year.

I imagine they will do it again given it's there because of Sophia. There's been a lot of really good Swedish acts emerging of late - I'd love to see Hello Saferide, The Mary Onettes, Those Dancing Days, Billie The Vision And The Dancers, Le Sport, The Faintest Ideas and, well, anyone equally good I've not come across yet.

The next announcement is on Monday, according to a Myspace bulletin.

New names have just been added to the line-up on the official site:

Alessi, Archie Bronson Outfit, Architecture In Helsinki, Besnard Lakes, C. W. Stoneking, The Congregation, Dan Sartain, David Vandervelde, Indigo Moss, James Yorkston, Jim White, Joan As Police Woman, Reigns, Richard Swift, Slow Club, Stephanie Dosen, Telegrams, Woodpigeon, Yo La Tengo

Some quality names announced especially Archie Bronson Outfit who so far are the the best band i've seen live this year.Besnard Lakes' "Are the dark horse" is an excellent album and will go down well at EOTR I think.Throw in some Yo La Tengo and Joan as Policewoman and we're looking at quite a line up so far!

New names have just been added to the line-up on the official site:

Alessi, Archie Bronson Outfit, Architecture In Helsinki, Besnard Lakes, C. W. Stoneking, The Congregation, Dan Sartain, David Vandervelde, Indigo Moss, James Yorkston, Jim White, Joan As Police Woman, Reigns, Richard Swift, Slow Club, Stephanie Dosen, Telegrams, Woodpigeon, Yo La Tengo

Heh, less 'missed out', more 'were on the site before the list was added to with'. Just had a Myspace bulletin that also throws in Malcolm Middleton and Post War Years.

I'm really looking forward to this, and the knowledge there's more than likely more decent bands still to be added is just as exciting. I'm particularly pleased YLT have been named because I saw them at Summer Sundae '05, left after four songs to watch the Wedding Present indoors and it's been gnawing away at me ever since.

Hope fully with this line up it will be busier this year----if they keep going at this rate next year could be one of the best festivals ever!//////

seriously though its the first time in a long time that i've looked at a festival and thought that over 90% of the bands I would pay to see normally if they played a show-and the ones I wouldnt go to see are just cos im apathetic to them-theres no bands that have made me think- why the hell are they playing?

That malcolm middleton record is an under-rated classic.......so says I....

I think Yo la tengo could be fantastic- think its their only show apart from last weekends atp>did anyone see them?

yeah---i don't know why i was suprised at the national album being great----have you heard menomena clegg? another one out of portland but really very excellent indeed.......and im loving the thee stranded horse album- its one guy who from france who plays a kora (african harp) and a nylon strung guitar (often at the same time) and sounds like the guy from the national or smog playing stripped down less screechy joanna newsom songs!

I see gryff frum sfa is doing an afa show and a gryff show at glasto-----anyone knwo if thats the case for end of the road too..plus.....

this is mainly for you clegg....

im'bored......any show recomendations for the next couple o weeks?