END OF THE ROAD FESTIVAL

Guest Ginger Monkey

i would have exploded if i ate any of the mexican food!!!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great time at the festival all in all, highlights were Herman Dune, Broken Family Band, Josh T. Pearson, Charlie Parr, Seasick Steve. Thought Viking Moses was a bit of a let down though.

A few comments though, the Bimble Inn set up is not great, as in if you don't get in early you won't see the act, too much sitting down and taking up too much room. Went to Summer Sundae this year, and they had a similar tent, and the curator would come on before the bands and say "this act is going to be ace, you need to get on your feet for it", so more people can cram in then and the artist isn't performing to a load of sat down folks.

Also, some more food stalls please, and with cheaper varieties. And some bin/rubbish collectors? The site looked a mess for most of the time.

Don't want to sound too much like a whiner, I did really enjoy the whole atmosphere and will def be back for next year's effort.

Edited by sadwitch

same here...money is ok but getting the time off is a real bugger!!!!

Bit late adding to this after the festival but love the countryside in Dorset so much we stayed the whole week camping!

Well another success for the End of the Road team.I think this festival is fast becoming my favourite(close call with Greenman!)

Favourite acts of the weekend in no particular order:-

The Bees

Super Furries

Yo La Tengo

Sons of Noel and Adrien

Seasick Steve

Salter Cane

Archie Bronson Outfit

Seemed to be a better festival this year with more people there.I assume that this was approx 5,000 people which seemed about right.Agree with comments about having more food stalls.Great food but a pain to queue for most of it(especially the pies-we are such a pie loving nation!!)

Great end to the festival season and can't wait for it all to start again next year!

Nearly forgot... I have to agree with everyone else, what a wonderfully special, not to say well organised, thing EOTR is.

Highlights: BSP, Lambchop, Jens Lekman, Scout Niblett, My Brightest Diamond, Brakes, Napoleon IIIrd, I'm From Barcelona, both Darren Hayman sets, Seasick Steve, Misty's, the Wave Pictures, Pieminister, Purbeck ice cream... oh, pretty much everything.

Like everyone else I was disappointed by the food stalls, although my Saturday burger and chips lunch somehow filled me up for the rest of that day, and I did also have a slight quibble about the way, although this is probably unavoidable, that if you weren't in The Local for an acoustic act the sound from the main stage tended to drown them out - I think it was Ben Wetherall who was made completely inaudible by the Bees.

• 1 month later...
Nearly forgot... I have to agree with everyone else, what a wonderfully special, not to say well organised, thing EOTR is.

Highlights: BSP, Lambchop, Jens Lekman, Scout Niblett, My Brightest Diamond, Brakes, Napoleon IIIrd, I'm From Barcelona, both Darren Hayman sets, Seasick Steve, Misty's, the Wave Pictures, Pieminister, Purbeck ice cream... oh, pretty much everything.

Like everyone else I was disappointed by the food stalls, although my Saturday burger and chips lunch somehow filled me up for the rest of that day, and I did also have a slight quibble about the way, although this is probably unavoidable, that if you weren't in The Local for an acoustic act the sound from the main stage tended to drown them out - I think it was Ben Wetherall who was made completely inaudible by the Bees.