END OF THE ROAD FESTIVAL

Guest Ginger Monkey

a gryff show would be something....i went to home fires this weekend and they had posters there that had Willard Grant Conspiracy and The Concretes added to the bill too- those should make some really good additions!

Robert Fisher from willard grant did one of my favourite shows of last year...i wonder how many of willard grant will turn up- theres millions of them....

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Festivalbob just noticed this post-no nothing going on that's catching my attention at the moment apart from Transglobal Underground playing the Komedia in a couple of weeks but I can't make it.Missed them at Wychwood festival last week as well which was a shame as played a great set apparently.

From the website:

"The Secretly Canadian / Jagjaguwar family have been announced as the latest treat for END OF THE ROAD. The first ever gathering of the likeminded musical souls from across the Atlantic on British soil will be held amid the festival's exquisite surroundings. Entitled 'Prelude To Heat Death', it celebrates Secretly Canadian's contribution to the independent music scene over the last decade and confirmed bands thus far include: Jens Lekman, Danielson, Richard Swift, David Vandervelde, with more to be announced."

Don't quite understand what that actually means in terms of presence and performance, but that's two who've been named, one who's confirmed himself and Danielson now confirmed, plus some of these people (Jason Molina/Songs:Ohia/Magnolia Electric Co, please)

Hi

After recovering from Glasto last weekend I'm just looking around for another festival to go to towards the end of the summer, & I'm really liking the line up of EOTR this year - SFA especially!

Can anyone who went last year tell me if the main stage is an open air stage or a tent? Many thanks :ph34r:

It didn't sell out last year, actually, although even with an extra £10 on top they must be doing better this time around.

And here's a new name, if http://www.festivalwise.com/news.asp?id=33896 is to be believed - "Also on the bill are the likes of British Sea Power, The Concretes, I’m From Barcelona, Slow Club and Lonely, Dear." (Loney, Dear, actually, but let that pass)

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't noticed this before, or it wasn't mentioned, but the EOTR site (which has now re-added Hitchcock) says the Friday is curated by Howe Gelb, even though he's not playing that day. That must be how he's got Midlake to come over in the middle of a US tour for a single date, although I see it's not on their website yet. It looks like, as far as the main stages go, that's probably it now. Besnard Lakes are seemingly out, and Micah P Hinson definitely is as he's pulled all his gigs until October with a bad back.

I hadn't noticed this before, or it wasn't mentioned, but the EOTR site (which has now re-added Hitchcock) says the Friday is curated by Howe Gelb, even though he's not playing that day. That must be how he's got Midlake to come over in the middle of a US tour for a single date, although I see it's not on their website yet. It looks like, as far as the main stages go, that's probably it now. Besnard Lakes are seemingly out, and Micah P Hinson definitely is as he's pulled all his gigs until October with a bad back.

I'm contemplating this one as a final and new-to-me festie. I know the site, cos I went to several Larmer Tree Festivals a few years back, and now I know that several Urban friends are wanting to go. Line up (in particular) and ambience look well cool. I missed the BFB at Glasto, and there are several other really interesting names -- never seen Robyn Hitchcock, would love to! :D:)

Do the beer tents serve good ales and ciders, not just standard lagers? (supplementary issue, but not irrelevant!)

Edited by William of Walworth

Managed to bump into Simon who runs End of the Road last weekend at Latitude Festival and confirmed both Lambchop and Willard Grant Conspiracy will be there which is fantastic.He's also hoping to get Richard Hawley to curate one of the nights but can't confirm that yet.

Shame about Besnard Lakes didn't realise they had pulled out really wanted to see them.

And William yes lots of Real Ale!

Managed to bump into Simon who runs End of the Road last weekend at Latitude Festival and confirmed both Lambchop and Willard Grant Conspiracy will be there which is fantastic.He's also hoping to get Richard Hawley to curate one of the nights but can't confirm that yet.

Shame about Besnard Lakes didn't realise they had pulled out really wanted to see them.

And William yes lots of Real Ale!