The Clashes: 2024 Edition

BigMarv

25 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That does make a lot of sense.

How concrete was Stevie though and why would he drop out?

Most likely scenario is he/his people were putting the feelers out for some comeback shows but it never ended up happening.

As for SZA being on Other, I’d thought about that myself, but SZA vs Dua seems very unlikely, and although she might be a small-ish Pyramid headliner, she still feels too big for Other headliner, so no idea what went on there (although suppose a Lana comparison could be made). Maybe there was a lot of shuffling around before the lineup dropped with a few friend of festival favours called in to fill the gaps hence the seeming abundance of them topping stages.

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Most likely scenario is he/his people were putting the feelers out for some comeback shows but it never ended up happening.

As for SZA being on Other, I’d thought about that myself, but SZA vs Dua seems very unlikely, and although she might be a small-ish Pyramid headliner, she still feels too big for Other headliner, so no idea what went on there (although suppose a Lana comparison could be made). Maybe there was a lot of shuffling around before the lineup dropped with a few friend of festival favours called in to fill the gaps hence the seeming abundance of them topping stages.

Initial speculation was Dua for Saturday though. I think you're right, definitely some shuffling leading to a few weird clashes. 

3 minutes ago, Nduja said:

There's defo a chance of seeing Simz most of The Streets. Coldplay will have a much longer set and set up time than Disclosure, surely.

Yeah my current plan is to do Simz and then leg it over for the rest of Streets, although Orbital has now also thrown their hat in to that equation so will be a decide on the night type deal. Should definitely be able to do good chunk of at least two of them though.