Coach travel early entry

qt30546

14 minutes ago, qt30546 said:

I have heard that coach users get earlier entry than standard tickets.

Is this correct?

Nope, Gates open 8am on the Wednesday morning for everyone. If you arrive before 8am you just queue. 

30 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Confusion around this may be to do with the fact that they tend to prioritise entry for coach ticket holders at Gate A over general admission, I think?

Yep agreed, if there is a massive queue coming out of the coach park they will need to clear that first once the gates open. 

8 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Yep agreed, if there is a massive queue coming out of the coach park they will need to clear that first once the gates open. 

The coach park is managed to prevent overcrowding and massive queues. This is done for safety by scheduling/staggering arrivals.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Not correct, you’re in the same queue and at the mercy of coach times 

Those arriving by coach in the coach park have a separate distinct queue at Gate A from those arriving by car.

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

Those arriving by coach in the coach park have a separate distinct queue at Gate A from those arriving by car.

Some of the car people wander over to gate A so it’s not exclusively coach 

10 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Some of the car people wander over to gate A so it’s not exclusively coach 

The queuing & entry system at gate A for those arriving by car is separate from the queuing & entry system at gate A for those arriving by coach. Huge numbers of people arriving by car use gate A. The car arrivals queue begin south of the farm buildings and gate A from the car parks. Coach arrival queuing is direct from the coach park with in to the north of gate A

Edited by Lycra

4 hours ago, clasher said:

As mentioned, there are two separate queues for car and coach arrivals at gate A. They converge close to the actual gate and they let through more coach people than car people, so you queue less in the coach queue.

image.thumb.png.7520c656d7d6980b5317f9ec92274aeb.png

And you can see where the two merge in the trampled grass from the sat photo from last year.
Coach comes down the long path next to the wall (you can see people there since this is Thursday) and merges with the non-coach just above the white building in the lower center of the pic. There are stewards managing the merge to keep the coach line from backing up too far.

there are two separate queueues, but they merge at the gate - its not like they say "right, you were on a coach you go there..." at the point of getting to the gate you can go wherever you want so when Mr/Miss Eavis opens the gate those at the front will be a mix of whoever got there, not just coach people.

Green is Cars, yellow is coach - they have to get rid of the coach queue before more people arrive so that people aren't queuing where coaches need to be 

I was in the second row of the big green section in 2022 and took until 8:22 to get my wristband because the coach queue was bigger than it has been before and they didn't open the gates a minute early

image.png.3a97a457a6b3d931d7d7564f1c490ad0.png

On 4/25/2024 at 2:36 PM, EavisAintDead said:

Green is Cars, yellow is coach - they have to get rid of the coach queue before more people arrive so that people aren't queuing where coaches need to be 

I was in the second row of the big green section in 2022 and took until 8:22 to get my wristband because the coach queue was bigger than it has been before and they didn't open the gates a minute early

image.png.3a97a457a6b3d931d7d7564f1c490ad0.png

This.

I was going to add that Ped Gate A is the biggest to manage the capacity, but looking at the satellite picture Ped Gate D is a similar sized setup.