Jump to content

UK Politics


kalifire
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It means he has just challanged Labour to match the pledge - thus giving Labour absolutely no money to do anything whatsoever with.

I think labour have already pledged to increase to 2.5% if able to with their fiscal rules...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I think labour have already pledged to increase to 2.5% if able to with their fiscal rules...

Yep, noticed they said they would match the pledge shortly after I posted this................... so Labour will have no money for anything unless growth gets to 2.5-3% and fast............................ which it won't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yep, noticed they said they would match the pledge shortly after I posted this................... so Labour will have no money for anything unless growth gets to 2.5-3% and fast............................ which it won't.

 

I think a certain person on here might say that these commitments might change after they've been elected. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

well Labour's is kind of non committal...will increase to 2.5% when and if we can.

 

So when the Ruskies are coming over them there hills, Labour are going to have a whip round to see if we can afford buy another catapult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dislike all politicians who choose to insult others by using any form of physical appearance as a weapon.

Sunak is short yes but there is no reason at all to use that to try and win points.

Very poor and all it does it tell the population it is OK to throw insults around.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2024 at 10:15 PM, steviewevie said:

Keep the Lords, abolish the Commons.

Careful the govt might take you seriously 😣 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, steviewevie said:

defence spending going up...means less money for other things...

It's another way to try to scare people about labour high taxes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

 

I think a certain person on here might say that these commitments might change after they've been elected. 😀

Might do some borrowing for investment spending to create some growth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I dislike all politicians who choose to insult others by using any form of physical appearance as a weapon.

Sunak is short yes but there is no reason at all to use that to try and win points.

Very poor and all it does it tell the population it is OK to throw insults around.

I agree, unless it's coming from Rayner and then it's fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...