Concentrated dilute juice mixer ideas

Terriw

I am all for reducing the weight of my bag to make the walk in easier. One of the best ideas ive had is to use those little concentrated dilute squeezy bottles as mixer. I use this as opposed to dragging in lots of cola/lemonade etc. Wondering if any body has tested some of the Robinson ones with vodka? Any good? Any other ones on the market?  I have used the aldi orange and lemon one but looking at others for more interesting combinations.

Ps I know there is a co op on site to buy mixers, I usually work and camp far from this shop so couldn't be arsed going as soon as I get in. 

On 1/19/2024 at 8:18 PM, Terriw said:

I am all for reducing the weight of my bag to make the walk in easier. One of the best ideas ive had is to use those little concentrated dilute squeezy bottles as mixer. I use this as opposed to dragging in lots of cola/lemonade etc. Wondering if any body has tested some of the Robinson ones with vodka? Any good? Any other ones on the market?  I have used the aldi orange and lemon one but looking at others for more interesting combinations.

Ps I know there is a co op on site to buy mixers, I usually work and camp far from this shop so couldn't be arsed going as soon as I get in. 

Welcome!

I do this - more to try and reduce toilet trips especially later in the day when crowds are bigger / queues longer

I use the aldi ones, they have a few flavours. Its fine, not particularly nice but not really what i'm after - i appreciate the utility aspect above all else.

I don't think there are any other ones on the market honestly - and flavours are very limited. Perhaps mixing part super concentrate with part normal squash could be good? I haven't done much experimentation unfortunately

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Welcome!

I do this - more to try and reduce toilet trips especially later in the day when crowds are bigger / queues longer

I use the aldi ones, they have a few flavours. Its fine, not particularly nice but not really what i'm after - i appreciate the utility aspect above all else.

I don't think there are any other ones on the market honestly - and flavours are very limited. Perhaps mixing part super concentrate with part normal squash could be good? I haven't done much experimentation unfortunately

Yep Asda now do own brand ones 1.29 each from memory 

Yes I've taken these to the last few festivals I've been to and they're a godsend. They last for ages and take no space in your bag during the day (and obviously make the trek from car/coach to campsite much more bearable!). 

I prefer the orange and lemon/lime flavours - much more acceptable mixed with vodka. The apple and blackcurrant tastes a bit too much like squash for me. 

Edited by surewhynot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd probably just go for the Vimto super squeezy bottles you can get from supermarkets and buy lemonade on-site. You can buy cold cans of pop from every vendor which will bring the costs down. Or just dilute it with water. Bonus points for mixing into a bladder as suggested by the other person.

You can also try and infuse your spirits with fruits and what-not to liquerify them. There is still time to start ready for the end of June.

You can infuse vodka, gin, and whiskey/bourbon with berry fruits (and sugars). That way you'll get flavour right off the bat, ready to mix with lemonade.

Raspberry vodka/gin:

• 600ml vodka/gin
  • 140g sugar
  • 280g raspberries

Pour the raspberries and sugars into a clean kilner jar, mix. Pour over spirit. Close lid and shake every couple of days. Strain into plastic bottle via a sieve a couple of days before you go to the festival. Scale as you please. You can keep and eat the raspberries if you please.