Car park opening time

qt30546

16 hours ago, qt30546 said:

Are they strict with the 9pm opening time on Tuesday for the car parks?

I heard they open them earlier, to relieve traffic in the local area

If you're proposing to drop a car off in the car park Tuesday night before getting the coach from Swindon, as postulated by @clarkete, you need to be aware that you need to show your admission ticket before being allowed into the car park.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, qt30546 said:

Are they strict with the 9pm opening time on Tuesday for the car parks?

I heard they open them earlier, to relieve traffic in the local area

I recall it being about 7pm last year. We were already in East Campervan Fields (these open officially at midday) so saw people joining the ever growing queue at Gate C.

Have you considered that after you have parked you will need to walk the perimeter road to get to Gate A for a shuttle to either Bath & West for collection by car or Castle Cary for the train? You will be directed by parking steward where to park, you can't choose.  🙂

Hi Clarkete, you are partially correct. We  caught the coach many years ago and took a car the night before. It has its benefits but we really don't want to do it again. However as per my other post regarding coach times to/from Swindon. We have heard that the return coach back is at 4 or 5am. climbing out of bed at 3 to pack a tent etc, that is digging deep in the energy reserves after 5 days.😭

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, qt30546 said:

Hi Clarkete, you are partially correct. We  caught the coach many years ago and took a car the night before. It has its benefits but we really don't want to do it again. However as per my other post regarding coach times to/from Swindon. We have heard that the return coach back is at 4 or 5am. climbing out of bed at 3 to pack a tent etc, that is digging deep in the energy reserves after 5 days.😭

Pack your bags sunday night - put it in the lock ups by PGA and then pull an all nighter.

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Pack your bags sunday night - put it in the lock ups by PGA and then pull an all nighter.

While that's a valid strategy, be prepared to queue for an hour (depending on exactly when you retrieve the bags). Or use a lock up further from the gate that doesn't have as many people pulling the same tactic.

Just now, incident said:

While that's a valid strategy, be prepared to queue for an hour (depending on exactly when you retrieve the bags). Or use a lock up further from the gate that doesn't have as many people pulling the same tactic.

Or another tactic is put a small tent in the camping field near the PGA lock ups and put everyone's bags in that(if there is space)....we did that in 2022, came back at 4am, pulled bags put, put the tent away and were off on our way to our coach within 15 mins.

7 hours ago, qt30546 said:

I gave you an upvote purely for coming back to solve the mystery ☺️

7 hours ago, qt30546 said:

climbing out of bed at 3 to pack a tent etc, that is digging deep in the energy reserves after 5 days.😭

What are you doing in bed at 3am at Glastonbury

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

This is the correct strategy

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do they actually check your admission tickets on entry to the car park? I never recall having this happen when we have driven in with car park pass on display, they just wave you in dont they?

disclaimer i would like to park a car in the carpark tuesday evening and get back to bristol to stay over at a friends and then get my weds morning coach from bristol to the festival

i was thinking of pre arranging a taxi from the fest to either wells (bus back to bristol) or castle cary and then train back to bristol