Resale Groups

MatthewTurner

3 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Can tell you about a 1.5k ticket if you're interested lad? Not more at face value I don't think, sorry! Although if I hear owt else back I'll drop you a message 

My contact hasn’t got any for this year (all taken) so let me know as well if any come up at FV, I could maybe stretch! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Can tell you about a 1.5k ticket if you're interested lad? Not more at face value I don't think, sorry! Although if I hear owt else back I'll drop you a message 

Hi mate, aye 1.5K is a bit out of my range to be fair! If you hear anything else though that's greatly appreciated

Was offered the opportunity to purchase a village/ local ticket today for £600 (now sold). Already have tickets so had no need to show any interest. Curious to know however whether these feature the named individual and photo on them?

11 minutes ago, Limpet said:

Was offered the opportunity to purchase a village/ local ticket today for £600 (now sold). Already have tickets so had no need to show any interest. Curious to know however whether these feature the named individual and photo on them?

Might be named but pretty sure no photo.

21 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Not trying to be a d*ck or anything bringing this back up, but just to say I put the feelers out over the past few days and we have been offered a hospitality ticket for FV (£900) which we've taken. Mad expensive, but it is what it is. I think in a cynical world it's often hard to remember that people are generally nice, and will help you if they can.   

Also I was offered another one for 1.2k, so not quite the 5k level - but still a mark up. 

Sure, sure you have.

19 hours ago, Nice hymer said:

The festival has done this in previous years (2019).

Lots of people were gaming the system to obtain local tickets (to the point where genuine locals were missing out).

GFL sent out emails to request recent proof of address (drivers license, council tax bill, polling card), anyone who couldn't provide their details were correct had their tickets cancelled after 14 days. So it's at least possible...

Thats not really quite the same though is it, that would apply to at most, 5k tickets, and the need to have to do that is obvious, the point of local tickets is in the name, if they aren't going to locals then Glasto absolutely have a responsibility to stp and and take the necessary steps to make sure local tickets go to actual locals. The point of local tickets is to appease them, if they're going to non locals then the outcome for what glastonbury are trying to achieve with them would be the exact opposite and defeat their entire purpose.

But its a different kettle of fish entirely if you're talking about sifting through what would be 2/3/4+ MILLION ballot applications looking for duplicates and asking for proof of address and identity, especially when the problem you are trying to solve by introducing a ballot is a not actually your problem at all (unlike local tickets going to non locals) its a problem with the end user being lazy.

On 4/21/2024 at 4:03 PM, kemosabe said:

Will look into wateraid, thanks! 

It's extremely unlikely that there will be any more WaterAid volunteering places with Glastonbury for anyone who did not apply in Jan/Feb. There were over 3,000 applications for 725 places, so any places that crop up between now and June will be taken up by that group of people. Some might have got lucky in the resale or found other volunteering spaces but most will be sat waiting and hoping.

• Upvote 1