Glastonbury Tickets

Cooperman83

15 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I questioned my use of the word almost immediately after posting.

I had to look up the word myself. It was then that I was offered a variety of meanings. That's why I needed to ask you the question. My own definition (originally) would have been someone who was 'slack'. And by 'slack' I mean someone who doesn't pull their weight.

Doesn't The Bible mention "The Lame" a lot? In a, "feel sorry for the lame", type of way?

The Bible is for the lame.

He took it in the spirit it was meant.

Lucky!

Not sure if I've ever had an original thought in my life.

You are very much preaching to the converted on that one. Not sure about you, but I think that I might 'technically speaking' be completely gormless. Now there's another word which may need clarification.

People who can't keep up.

It took me ages to get to that bit!

The very best of luck for tomorrow.

If I don't get too demented in the next few hours, I am going to try for a group of 4 friends.

In fact, good luck to all on here.. 

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Did you bag a ticket this year? None for me 🙁

I am deeply ashamed to state that I overslept. Two alarms set for eight on ten minute repeat and I didn't hear one until 10:10.

Ashamed is an understatement. Spent hours getting gadgets ready yesterday. Booked the day off of work. I feel sick. There is something very wrong with me. The BBC and Blondie kept me up last night. 

25 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I am deeply ashamed to state that I overslept. Two alarms set for eight on ten minute repeat and I didn't hear one until 10:10.

Ashamed is an understatement. Spent hours getting gadgets ready yesterday. Booked the day off of work. I feel sick. There is something very wrong with me. The BBC and Blondie kept me up last night. 

Oh dear, that's a lot of alarms to sleep through. Look on the bright side, you were enjoying sleep whilst I was pressing buttons for an hour for no reason whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 9:45 PM, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

If they look similar should be fine

This isn't the best place to ask a question about going against any rules because of all the pearl clutchers on this website

I’ve done the gates for Oxfam and of course it is somewhat dependent on how closely you resemble the photo and how closely that particular steward is looking,  but we are mystery shopped by licensing, so we do have to be ‘on it’ or we risk the festival licence and the charity contract.

I take no pleasure in stopping anyone who wants to be there enough to take a gamble, but the system does exist to protect the future of the festival, and to protect the public from touting so it has to be done. 

Anyone who is camping outside the fence in glamping or campervan fields is really unlikely to get away with it for the whole 5 days, even if they get wristbanded first time through. You have your ticket checked on every entry.

I did deal with several people who had already been wristbanded and got in an out several times before the lack of resemblance was picked up - so take that as you will.

What I’d say is that of course it’s ‘possible’ to get in on someone else’s ticket, but there’s a massive risk you won’t.