Live at Leeds In The Park 2024

WRhodes493

On 5/10/2024 at 6:02 PM, sheffinghell said:

They ran the shuttle bus last year, so reckon it should be fine. It drops off by the entrance. Parking is also easy if you happen to have a non-drinker with you.

Thanks. We potentially do have a non-drinker come to think of it - so that's an option too 

Will tickets be pulled off sale in the days before the festival?

I’m seeing a few posted on twickets and ticketswap and was wondering whether tickets will be available on the day if they turn out to be counterfeit.

Anyone approaching from the south via M1, there looks to be a series of crashes and closures near M62 junction right now +(12pm) Follow sat nav to avoid.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Going to Slam Dunk at the same venue today, what was the best food vendor?

Pretty average festival stuff... most vendors I've seen at other places before. I tried the Salt and Chilli chicken - not quite as good as they were at Tramlines last year. If you're a meat eater, The Greek and German Sausage vendors are usually pretty reliable. The donut and coffee stall near the 3rd stage (Temple for LAL) had a long queue. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Pretty average festival stuff... most vendors I've seen at other places before. I tried the Salt and Chilli chicken - not quite as good as they were at Tramlines last year. If you're a meat eater, The Greek and German Sausage vendors are usually pretty reliable. The donut and coffee stall near the 3rd stage (Temple for LAL) had a long queue. 

Ah sounds similar to what was at the South Slam Dunk site. I’ll have a browse. Thank you!

Had a great day yesterday. Highlights for me were Baxter Dury, Future Islands, and the Cribs. Seasons by Future Islands probably best moment/singalong of the day. 

Cribs were on cracking form and played a great setlist. Did anyone see what it was Ryan picked up at one point - looked like a card? He seemed to stick his middle finger up at it then rub it on his crotch?! 

Baxter Dury played a really dancey number to close his set - anyone know what that one was? 

Seemed a well organised event overall. Beers were expensive but what do you expect. Sound quality in the Clash tent seemed sub-par at times, seemed better over at the Temple. 

1 hour ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Had a great day yesterday. Highlights for me were Baxter Dury, Future Islands, and the Cribs. Seasons by Future Islands probably best moment/singalong of the day. 

Cribs were on cracking form and played a great setlist. Did anyone see what it was Ryan picked up at one point - looked like a card? He seemed to stick his middle finger up at it then rub it on his crotch?! 

Baxter Dury played a really dancey number to close his set - anyone know what that one was? 

Seemed a well organised event overall. Beers were expensive but what do you expect. Sound quality in the Clash tent seemed sub-par at times, seemed better over at the Temple. 

Looked look a postcard or something with a note written on it - and yes he did as you said. The t-shirt he put on was from a girl just behind me, who spent the last bit of the set in her bra. She got the t-shirt back btw.

Your highlights pretty similar to mine! The sound was majorly off for Corrine Bailey Rae too - mics cut out, vocals and sax low in the mix, and overall low enough to be able to hear background noise from Baxter Dury up the hill. Pic of BD... fantastic set, if slightly less crazy than when I saw him last summer!

PXL_20240525_154904825~2.jpg

Edited by sheffinghell
  • Like 1