Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, sashabella said:

A friend just had notification this morning that she’s won tickets through the cheese competition.Β 

love it, eFest success rate on competitions gone through the roof in the past couple of days!

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Sooo much good news πŸ™‚Β good luck to anyone trying oxfam todayΒ 

Meeeee. I’m super nervous!!! I’ve volunteered at many of festivals in the past but Glasto is a bit different because there is so much going on you need every hour of the day. But…I’m outta options, and being there and working is better than not being there amiright????Β 

1 minute ago, deadponyclub said:

love it, eFest success rate on competitions gone through the roof in the past couple of days!

So much so I can’t pin anymore posts as they will take up the entire page πŸ™‚Β 

1 minute ago, Muddlin_thru said:

Meeeee. I’m super nervous!!! I’ve volunteered at many of festivals in the past but Glasto is a bit different because there is so much going on you need every hour of the day. But…I’m outta options, and being there and working is better than not being there amiright????Β 

I’d say so . I’ve managed to avoid the need so far as I consider it my annual leave and don’t really want to work that . But don’t know many that haven’t loved it and stick with it many years laterΒ 

8 minutes ago, Muddlin_thru said:

Β you are 100% correct!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Blabes said:

I was a Worthy Winner as well (technically my wife, but I nominated her)

Β 

Still can't really believe it, and very worried it was some sort of scam but it all seams legit.

Β 

I wondered if anyone else had won a competition before and knows how to buy a car park pass, please?

Β 

17 hours ago, deadponyclub said:

congrats! I would imagine that once your registration number has a ticket associated with it you will be able to purchase a car parking pass via this page -Β Glastonbury 2024 - Car Parking (seetickets.com)

Β 

17 hours ago, mph said:

I won with last years Co-Op cheese. Couple of days after confirming I wanted the tickets they asked for reg numbers.

Week or so later I got the see tickets email saying confirming the ticketsΒ 
Β 

My reg was then ok to buy car parking.
Β 

Email your reg numbers to competition owner

So from what I have heard from the Guardian the tickets we win aren't linked with our registration so we cannot try and purchase car parking tickets or campervan tickets!Β 

I've e-mailed Glastonbury for more help but if anyone knows any more please do share!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Β 

Β 

So from what I have heard from the Guardian the tickets we win aren't linked with our registration so we cannot try and purchase car parking tickets or campervan tickets!Β 

I've e-mailed Glastonbury for more help but if anyone knows any more please do share!

car park ones sometimes come up on here cheap ... I grabbed one last year but standard ones available on the gate anyway ... cash neededΒ 

Edited by Crazyfool01

30 minutes ago, Muddlin_thru said:

As someone who has stewarded at Glasto before, it's different but it's great fun. Like anything, it's dependent on the people you're on shift with, but most are cheerful souls who love the festival.

Β 

I would try for a spot as I'm itching to go but my whole thing was I wanted to return to the festival with my partner (who doesn't have an Oxfam Festivals account, so no way he can try for a spot) so don't want to end up going without him again.Β 

Β 

Best of luck and hope it works out for you this morning!

34 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

I like seeing that there are actual winners! A lot of the time there's radio silence with announcing who has won these competitions and it's nice to see the feedback loop closed by finding out that real life human beings have won the tickets.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Β 

I didn't know it had been removed. All very odd, which is not a good thing.

Yeah, really strange. I immediately thought it was:

a) A fake account?

b) A sour employee trying to cause a bit of mischief on the work account by launching a fake competition

Β 

Related to the sour employee, who remembers when Dingwalls in Camden hinted that The Strokes were going to play another secret gig there (years after they did one before, performing under the name Venison) and it turned out it was a hacked off ex-employee who still had the log in details to the social media accounts trying to cause them a bit of grief. People had travelled from all over to try and queue at the venue.

1 minute ago, glast0gal said:

Yeah, really strange. I immediately thought it was:

a) A fake account?

b) A sour employee trying to cause a bit of mischief on the work account by launching a fake competition

Β 

Related to the sour employee, who remembers when Dingwalls in Camden hinted that The Strokes were going to play another secret gig there (years after they did one before, performing under the name Venison) and it turned out it was a hacked off ex-employee who still had the log in details to the social media accounts trying to cause them a bit of grief. People had travelled from all over to try and queue at the venue.

It is odd that they haven’t posted on their story or something to acknowledge it if so!Β 

3 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

It is odd that they haven’t posted on their story or something to acknowledge it if so!Β 

Agree - feel like a muck up, whatever the cause, has to be acknowledged. Even if they posted it too early if it was legit, just a post saying something like 'oops we were too eager to share - it is a real competition but it opens on x date and you'll have to re-enter'. If it's not real, then they have a duty to let their customers and competition entrants know what the score is.

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Yeah there was no terms and conditions which is why I questioned it. Hopefully it was legit and someone wins!Β 

You were right about this one.
Under the ASA it is law to have terms and conditions clearly displayed or linked.Β 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Β 

Looks like your 6th sense was right all along on this one. Hopefully it'll be re-presented along with T & C's.

Hopefully πŸ™‚Β would be good to see another comp!Β 

9 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Keep trying, some may go back on πŸ™‚Β 

I tried for 15mins and decided it’s not it’s not my lucky day. Again πŸ˜†that’s the 3rd very near miss after my self and one other got past the waiting room for the resale. We had 1 x crash early on and the Β 2 x sold out, which we kept refreshing to no avail. Oh well. Time to buy some more chocolate πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Β 

Β 

As you have free tickets is it worth looking at more expensive camping options? There's a thread about pitch your own glamping at Holt farm, which is just by pg D. They still had plots available when I looked a couple of days ago.