FIB (Benicassim) 2024

SeshHead

On 10/20/2023 at 10:35 AM, SeshHead said:

FIB have started teasing information about their 2024 festival. If the past few years are anything to go by, I’ll be skipping this one too. 

IMG_8765.jpeg

They'd need to go back to the old bookings of pre 2019 for me to ever consider it again. Not travellling to spain to watch small bands even tho i lived it in 2017 &2018

• 1 month later...

Really hoping for a decent lineup this year. Fell in love with the festival after that fantastic 2017 line up, attended again in 18 and 19.

However I'm not too confident, assuming still under the new owners that took over in 2020??

Even just on or two big names that are doing other major festivals would be enough to get me back. Miss that place

Not sure how legit this is, basically found it on a Spanish equivalent to this place. I don’t know much about the festival but Royal Blood, Libs and Yungblud headlining seems ok (but not pre 2020 levels) to me but then I love the libertines. 

IMG_3874.jpeg

Edited by superhans

On 12/1/2023 at 10:48 PM, superhans said:

Not sure how legit this is, basically found it on a Spanish equivalent to this place. I don’t know much about the festival but Royal Blood, Libs and Yungblud headlining seems ok (but not pre 2020 levels) to me but then I love the libertines. 

IMG_3874.jpeg

A very reliable source confirms to me that this lineup is true. It is not a fake. 

I know it’s the whole “well it’s a Spanish festival what do you expect?!” But it does say international festival in the name. I know from previous years lots of Spanish have said thag it’s an opportunity to see acts from over seas, it just seems so domesticated in the last few years…it baffles me how they can make any money selling tickets at €44

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

Aside from the top 3 it's awful.

I made the mistake of listening to a few of the acts I’d never heard of, the teskey brothers seemed talented but f**k me they’re slow paced, so lord knows where they’re going to fit in. Samurai were shite, I just find it astounding how far it’s fell, it’s sad to see

What a shame. It seems like the festival has transitioned from an iconic international festival to a local Spanish festival. I was hoping the recent years of poor line-up decisions could be due to ownership changing or covid related finances but it looks like FIB is over for most of us non-Spanish fans. RIP FIB.

26 minutes ago, SeshHead said:

To put it into perspective, here are the lineups from 2016, 2017 and 2018

IMG_9206.jpeg

IMG_9207.jpeg

IMG_9208.jpeg

Went all 3, 2019 as well, I remember feeling disappointed by 2019 as they promised us all sorts and never delivered…but I’d give my left bollock to have anything like 2019s line up again over there