Rock for People 2024

Flick22

1 hour ago, mayordenis said:

Scowl look double booked to me, playing in the UK and Rock for People on Wed 12/6 - unless it was just a holding date for Download that they haven't updated.

According to DL poster, Scowl plays their Dogtooth stage on Friday 😉 

25 minutes ago, Ferda said:

According to DL poster, Scowl plays their Dogtooth stage on Friday 😉 

Yea, their site has 2 dates up, like I said guessing it was some holding date that they haven't removed yet or some such.

scowl.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First timer here, with it being almost a month till the festival. Any advice for a first-timer, I'm coming over from England and staying in the RfP tents. Anything that I need to know that's different from English festivals? Also (and probably the most important question) how much roughly is it for a drink in the arena? We won't be able to really take drink in to have at camp so will be at the bar quite a bit!

1 hour ago, iistroudley said:

First timer here, with it being almost a month till the festival. Any advice for a first-timer, I'm coming over from England and staying in the RfP tents. Anything that I need to know that's different from English festivals? Also (and probably the most important question) how much roughly is it for a drink in the arena? We won't be able to really take drink in to have at camp so will be at the bar quite a bit!

There's a ton of beer options (70+ different ones), they range from like 60 czk for basic lagers to 120-150 czk for fancier stuff.

Beer lineup:

https://rockforpeople.cz/en/pivo/

5 hours ago, iistroudley said:

TPD TV was there 2 years ago - https://youtu.be/ydMc2ygxzR4?si=GCA_ORY-J3yR8YhJ

the drinks will be dirt cheap for you.

there is a restaurant in one of the hangars with local food, probably the best value.

Edited by Sugar Cane

21 hours ago, Sugar Cane said:

TPD TV was there 2 years ago - https://youtu.be/ydMc2ygxzR4?si=GCA_ORY-J3yR8YhJ

the drinks will be dirt cheap for you.

there is a restaurant in one of the hangars with local food, probably the best value.

Thanks! That TPD video put Rock for People on our radar and the line-up this year looks good so we thought we'd head over!

Is there any entertainment on after the headliners finished e.g. an afterparty?

10 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Thanks! That TPD video put Rock for People on our radar and the line-up this year looks good so we thought we'd head over!

Is there any entertainment on after the headliners finished e.g. an afterparty?

When the headliners finish there's still some music to go, you can check last year's clashfinder. Also there's an "afterpaty"-concert, that takes place in another city Brno two days after the main festival, this time Palaye Royale are playing there.

And btw you are allowed to take drinks inside the campsite.

23 minutes ago, aaalive said:

When the headliners finish there's still some music to go, you can check last year's clashfinder. Also there's an "afterpaty"-concert, that takes place in another city Brno two days after the main festival, this time Palaye Royale are playing there.

And btw you are allowed to take drinks inside the campsite.

Thanks! UK festivals usually have something like a silent disco, is that a thing at RfP as well or am I being too British!?

9 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Thanks! UK festivals usually have something like a silent disco, is that a thing at RfP as well or am I being too British!?

There should be silent disco, dj parties, karaoke etc., so dont worry about the programme.

Bands should play until midnight on day 1 and 2 and the other days until 2 AM I believe.

Last names added, time table coming on Thu.

New additions: MILES KANE / Casey / Landsdowne / Massive Wagons / Pinkshift / Radio Free Alice / Shell Beach / Soft Launch / TiLLie

image.thumb.png.65a5c771c0a7059b3945fff46512c88e.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. 

I am attending RFP for the first time this year travelling from the UK. Wondering if anyone has any tips or info to share on there previous experiences? 

we are staying in the tent hotel. But haven’t managed to find much info on this so anything you may know would be great. Thanks 

4 hours ago, samtfp12 said:

Hi all. 

I am attending RFP for the first time this year travelling from the UK. Wondering if anyone has any tips or info to share on there previous experiences? 

we are staying in the tent hotel. But haven’t managed to find much info on this so anything you may know would be great. Thanks 

Hi,

I would start with this TPD TV video from 2022: 

Assuming you are flying to Prague, you need to take a bus/train to Hradec and shuttle/taxi to the venue. Bus is much faster to get from Prague to Hradec, free shuttles are running from the main station (same for train&bus) to the festival venue. I reckon more info re shuttles is coming soon.

Info on tent hotel is here: https://rockforpeople.cz/en/zazitky/rfp-tent-hotel/ it's basically a pre-pitched tent in the glamping area which has pretty good facilities. 

There's a breakfast area within the festival area, including a real restaurant in a hangar, pluse there's a 24/7 store open on the camping ground. Venue opens at 11am and runs until 3am.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions. Enjoy the festival!

4 hours ago, Ferda said:

Hi,

I would start with this TPD TV video from 2022: 

Assuming you are flying to Prague, you need to take a bus/train to Hradec and shuttle/taxi to the venue. Bus is much faster to get from Prague to Hradec, free shuttles are running from the main station (same for train&bus) to the festival venue. I reckon more info re shuttles is coming soon.

Info on tent hotel is here: https://rockforpeople.cz/en/zazitky/rfp-tent-hotel/ it's basically a pre-pitched tent in the glamping area which has pretty good facilities. 

There's a breakfast area within the festival area, including a real restaurant in a hangar, pluse there's a 24/7 store open on the camping ground. Venue opens at 11am and runs until 3am.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions. Enjoy the festival!

Thank you for the reply! 

That is great thank you. I have watched the video from TPD. 

Yes we will be arriving in Prague. Spending a few days there before the festival. We plan to arrive on the Wednesday morning. Do you have any idea what queues etc will be like? Is it relatively well run? 

Any ideas on if there is much in the way of vegetarian/vegan catering? I see on the line up there is at least one vegan food stall, but wonder if anyone has any past experience! 

Can I also assume English is well spoken at the festival? Do I need to brush up on some Czech before I arrive?! 

1 hour ago, samtfp12 said:

Thank you for the reply! 

That is great thank you. I have watched the video from TPD. 

Yes we will be arriving in Prague. Spending a few days there before the festival. We plan to arrive on the Wednesday morning. Do you have any idea what queues etc will be like? Is it relatively well run? 

Any ideas on if there is much in the way of vegetarian/vegan catering? I see on the line up there is at least one vegan food stall, but wonder if anyone has any past experience! 

Can I also assume English is well spoken at the festival? Do I need to brush up on some Czech before I arrive?! 

You should be fine on Wed morning, no worries. There's plenty of vegan and vegetarian options, they had around 10 stalls last year and I expect this year to be similar. 

English is well-spoken at the festival, you might occasionally run into non-speaker but you will be just fine, people around will be able to help if needed 🙂

Cheers!

2 hours ago, samtfp12 said:

The only Czech phrases you need to survive this festival:

"Jedno pivo, prosím" ("Dvě piva, prosím") - depends on how many pints of beer you want.

"Dáme panáka?" - phrase that will make any person your best friend (doesn't matter if they speak English or not).

"Je čerstvá!" or "Není čerstvá!" - festival chant, depends on which side of the crowd you are, popular scene from the French movie Asterix & Obelix.

"Rubyyyy!" or "Hoooovno!" - another festival chant, again... depends on which side of the crowd you are, it's from another popular French movie Ruby & Quentin.

"Začíná noc!" or "Drž hubu!" - I don't wanna repeat myself but we love French movies for some reason 😅 (RRRrrrr!!!).

For translation/pronunciation use Google translate. Nothing else is needed.

Edited by Newjem