Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

2 hours ago, Gabi Ruiz said:

Fred is not and EDM Act. He is something else, you could hate EDM and still love his performance. He is not only big in the electronic music scene, he is big in general right now. 

if you say so.. like kristofm said, depends on which bubble you are living in. 

But, he is an EDM act, no doubt about that. The only one I can compare him to is Daft Punk in terms of being EDM and popular regardless of being EDM. Maybe just not my cup of tea.

13 minutes ago, Dukkai said:

if you say so.. like kristofm said, depends on which bubble you are living in. 

But, he is an EDM act, no doubt about that. The only one I can compare him to is Daft Punk in terms of being EDM and popular regardless of being EDM. Maybe just not my cup of tea.

Out of curiosity, do you like electronic music? if yes, what artist?

Had a quick look to see who was playing what days at Sziget. I could only find info on the below.

Headliner Sub? Others  
Wednesday 07-Aug     Yard Act RichieHawtin
Thursday 08-Aug   Azariah Ellen Alien ANOTR Goldband
Friday 09-Aug    Stormzy      
Saturday 10-Aug    Martin G Louis T  
Sunday 11-Aug    Sam Smith Becky Hill Joesef  
Monday 12-Aug    Fred Again Raye Fourtet Wednesday
Edited by jahowes
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

If you like them check Dune Rats, Skegss, The Smith Street Band, Tired Lion and DZ Deathrays as well

According to Spotify most listened artist 1-2 years ago was Tired Lion, Breakfast for Pathetics is one of my favourite albums of all time! I'll definitely check out the other ones, thanks a lot! 😍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jahowes said:

Had a quick look to see who was playing what days at Sziget. I could only find info on the below.

Headliner Sub? Others  
Thursday 08-Aug     Ellen Alien ANOTR
Friday 09-Aug    Stormzy      

Fontaines surely sub-headline slot and if they did indeed land Skrillex, I would hope that he would be at the Main Stage. I've had nothing but claustrophobic experiences when DJs of similar size did Party Arena (Alan Walker/Steve Aoki). 

10 minutes ago, jahowes said:

Headliner Sub? Others  
Thursday 08-Aug     Ellen Alien ANOTR
Friday 09-Aug    Stormzy      

It is also known that Goldband and Azahriah will perform on thursday, I believe, and Azahriah will be a sub.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I think/hope fontaines would sub, just not sure which day they are playing on yet according to Sziget site or their website.

I'm not sure if Raye is big enough to Sub in Hungary. 

Sounds like Skrillex is quite likely, but be interesting to see if they would put Fred Again, Four Tet, Raye & Skrillex on the Main stage if all playing on the 12th.

2 minutes ago, jahowes said:

Yeah I think/hope fontaines would sub, just not sure which day they are playing on yet according to Sziget site or their website.

Sounds like Skrillex is quite likely, but be interesting to see if they would put Fred Again, Four Tet, Raye & Skrillex on the Main stage if all playing on the 12th.

I really don't think Fontaines are big enough to sub tbh.

Edited by billybigballs
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jahowes said:

I am also dying to find out when Fontaines D.C. will perform. According to their own website they will play in Germany on August 9 and in Slovenia on August 12 so I guess that narrows it down a little bit. 

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

I am also dying to find out when Fontaines D.C. will perform. According to their own website they will play in Germany on August 9 and in Slovenia on August 12 so I guess that narrows it down a little bit. 

If LG is confirmed and then plays on the 7th/8th then I could see them playing before him

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jahowes said:

If LG is confirmed and then plays on the 7th/8th then I could see them playing before him

Well, I personally hope it will be on the 8th then since that I simply couldn't wait any longer with booking flights and scheduling days off at work until early March. Will only be there for 3 days and choose for 8-10 Aug. Annoying that we’re halfway March without a full line-up and day-to-day breakdown. Frustrating to go without knowing what you will get..

32 minutes ago, Tom Lobo said:

What's up leaks?

Til when we should not have to wait?

Glastonbury line-up being announced this week (Friday seems favourite). Can't imagine Sziget will want to announce around the same time as a comparison is unlikely to be favourable!

My guess would be next Thursday 21 March.

2 hours ago, Gabi Ruiz said:

Out of curiosity, do you like electronic music? if yes, what artist?

well, not artists, more individual songs.
The only artists I can say I liked were Daft Punk, their Discovery album was great

19 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Glastonbury line-up being announced this week (Friday seems favourite). Can't imagine Sziget will want to announce around the same time as a comparison is unlikely to be favourable!

My guess would be next Thursday 21 March.

holy sh*t balls, that will be a late announcement

not sure if waiting for Glastonbury announcement will make a difference, it may only lessen the backlash by spacing it out. Judging from the leaks and everything, I doubt that anyone who hasn't bought a ticket yet will buy it after second announcement anyway

49 minutes ago, Dukkai said:

holy sh*t balls, that will be a late announcement

not sure if waiting for Glastonbury announcement will make a difference, it may only lessen the backlash by spacing it out. Judging from the leaks and everything, I doubt that anyone who hasn't bought a ticket yet will buy it after second announcement anyway

It's only a guess but really can't see it being this week for the reason stated. It tends to be a Tuesday or Thursday. Leaks has previously stated we won't have to wait beyond 14 March but, if that was still the case, I'm sure they would have started to promote the announcement by now.

So next Tuesday or Thursday. And my money's on Thursday.

12 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

It's only a guess but really can't see it being this week for the reason stated. It tends to be a Tuesday or Thursday. Leaks has previously stated we won't have to wait beyond 14 March but, if that was still the case, I'm sure they would have started to promote the announcement by now.

So next Tuesday or Thursday. And my money's on Thursday.

I doubt they even know it themselves. Leaks said they're still waiting on some confirmations. Guess they will announce as soon as everything is confirmed. Last sunday I received an email that said more names are coming 'very soon'. In the email right before the first announcement, they named the exact date the first announcement would take place. The fact that they didn't do that this time might be because they're still waiting on the last confirmations.

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, Guest said:

I doubt they even know it themselves. Leaks said they're still waiting on some confirmations. Guess they will announce as soon as everything is confirmed. Last sunday I received an email that said more names are coming 'very soon'. In the email right before the first announcement, they named the exact date the first announcement would take place. The fact that they didn't do that this time might be because they're still waiting on the last confirmations.

If they don't announce by 21 March then they have a real issue. The following week is the run up to Easter, people are travelling, seeing family, have holidays booked etc. Their focus won't be on the festival, the announcement could be missed/ignored by many. 

EDIT: And the longer the announcement is left, the more people will have chosen an alternative festival to attend if their 'full' announcement is already out there.

Edited by billybigballs
  • Upvote 1

Wife and I and our friends have decided that if Sziget hasn't announced by next weekend then we're going with Mad Cool. Prices of flights and accommodation are rising weekly so need to book something and I can't book Sziget based on the current line-up and the promise of bigger and better names to come. 

Totally understand people going to other festivals. This is just taking too long. The longer they wait the less tickets they will sell..

still don’t understand why they didn’t just announce their lineup in more phases and include the last headliner in the last one. Would def sell some more tickets

13 minutes ago, poelim said:

Totally understand people going to other festivals. This is just taking too long. The longer they wait the less tickets they will sell..

still don’t understand why they didn’t just announce their lineup in more phases and include the last headliner in the last one. Would def sell some more tickets

I think that would be a double edged sword.. 

Maybe they would sell more tickets or maybe they would alienate people because it would become obvious they are doing it a bit gung-ho

The National is in Ireland early August. Here’s hoping that they are desperate enough to call them back. 
Edit: Also in Scandinavia as it was announced earlier, but still..

Edited by CCester