Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

6 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Is there a world where Stormzy is a headliner and Skrillex isn't? Or is there a world where Sziget has 3 DJ headliners? 

Which is more likely?

Given that Leaks had stated there will be more than 6 headliners - maybe Skrillex could co/sub-head with Fred? And a good sub-for Stormzy? If it is Skrillex after all, I think it would be a shame to have him, Four Tet and Fred and not have them drop a few tracks together.

Also Pinkpop just announced some new names: KEANE – ANOUK – THE ANALOGUES - BABYMETAL – COREY TAYLOR - DE JEUGD VAN TEGENWOORDIG – DOUWE BOB – THE INTERRUPTERS - PALAYE ROYALE – S10 – SKINDRED - DAGNY – FLEDDY MELCULY – LOTTERY WINNERS – MELL VF – POMMELIEN THIJS – TALK – THE VICES – YĪN YĪN

2 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Given that Leaks had stated there will be more than 6 headliners - maybe Skrillex could co/sub-head with Fred? And a good sub-for Stormzy? If it is Skrillex after all, I think it would be a shame to have him, Four Tet and Fred and not have them drop a few tracks together.

Also Pinkpop just announced some new names: KEANE – ANOUK – THE ANALOGUES - BABYMETAL – COREY TAYLOR - DE JEUGD VAN TEGENWOORDIG – DOUWE BOB – THE INTERRUPTERS - PALAYE ROYALE – S10 – SKINDRED - DAGNY – FLEDDY MELCULY – LOTTERY WINNERS – MELL VF – POMMELIEN THIJS – TALK – THE VICES – YĪN YĪN

If those three will be on the same day that's a definite day ticket for me. The rest looks very week for me so far.

17 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Surely,we must get Keane in the next announcement,right?🤞🏻

5 minutes ago, bunnyv said:

Surely,we must get Keane in the next announcement,right?🤞🏻

I recommend the Lottery Winners too. Great, tight little band and their interactions with each other and the audience are hilarious. Saw them twice last year and seeing them again in March. Well worth an hour of your time if they come along.

How would a Skrillex /Four Tet / Fred Again... day likely pan out then?

Assuming all playing the same day, all we talking about an extra-long set with them playing together? Or one after the other on main stage? Or each playing different stages throughout the day but coming together for a few tracks during Fred's set?

12 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

How would a Skrillex /Four Tet / Fred Again... day likely pan out then?

Assuming all playing the same day, all we talking about an extra-long set with them playing together? Or one after the other on main stage? Or each playing different stages throughout the day but coming together for a few tracks during Fred's set?

I reckon Fred would take headline spot and would hope Skrillex be co/sub-head (god forbid Skrillex in the Party Arena), with them coming together for a few tracks or entire set in the headline spot, and then Four Tet does the 1am slot at A38. 

@Sziget2024_Leaks tell me I'm wrong 🥲

23 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

I reckon Fred would take headline spot and would hope Skrillex be co/sub-head (god forbid Skrillex in the Party Arena), with them coming together for a few tracks or entire set in the headline spot, and then Four Tet does the 1am slot at A38. 

@Sziget2024_Leaks tell me I'm wrong 🥲

That would be perfect, but I would prefer to have 3 solo sets with them appearing together for only a few tracks. Their group set usually consists of around 80% Skrillex songs, maybe 15% Fred, and 5% other stuff.

11 minutes ago, Rikk said:

Die Antwoord has a song called Alien? They often do a lot of festivals

The National have one on First Two Pages Of Frankenstein as well and are playing at Øya/Way Out West. 

Unfortunately only available on the last days at Sziget what makes them a little unlikely, right?

2 hours ago, Rikk said:

Die Antwoord has a song called Alien? They often do a lot of festivals

They're not coming, they have another concert in Budapest

Btw, are these guys still around?

Edited by #1SzigetFan

cool, another edm-electro act. Threre wasn't enough, I feel better now.

8 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

Keane and Babymetal have my votes ^^

Also, "TALK" is the kind of act I would definitely see at Sziget : he's all about the acceptance of ourselves, no matter what we look like, no matter who we love, ... yep, that must be a choice Sziget made. I would say 80% chance.

Edited by Matt86
^^
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, rowexx said:

RAYE and Arca have songs with “alien” in the title and play Oya

RAYE's great and a sound booking but if I got my hopes up for Skrillex and get RAYE I swear ☠️

edit: also hope it's not confirmation bias but if it were RAYE I'd imagine Leaks would have posted something Prada-related, please Lord... 

Edited by iamdebrii