3 best moments and worst moment

Pr0paneNightm4re

Excited to hear what everyone’s are!

1. Watching Turbine/Pigs by BCNR get a 2 minute long applause. Proper standing ovation as they were fantastic.

2. Los Bitchos having the perfect atmosphere and everyone dancing mid day at The Park in the glorious sunshine

3. Having a roam through Healing Fields with mates I’ve not seen in months. Truly healing experience.

Worst Moment: having the shits all through Saturday. Long drops are not fun

Three best:

1. Rick Astley drumming and singing Highway To Hell.

2. Avalon absolutely jumping to Melanie C performing Spice Up Your Life.

3. Are You Ready For Love by Elton. Although Rocketman was so so special and I cried all the way through, the unbridled joy of the whole crowd, young and old, singing AYRFL was a beautiful thing.

Worst moment was the blood curdling scream in the Campervan field E20 early Sunday morning (I think, might have been Saturday). Turns out it was just some girl having a bad trip, but I honestly thought someone was being murdered for a moment.

Best

1. The Ending to Toy by Young Fathers. It ended the set. I felt like I could run through a wall after it. I was as fired up & excited by the wall of sound coming at me as I have for a long time.

2. DJ Yoda mixing The Imperial Death March into Usher - Yeah! You had to be there to hear it. It was brilliant.

3. Crocodile Rock - Elton John. Everyone's "la la la la la las". Marvellous scenes.

Worst moment - Sunburn. 

Best:

Sophie Ellis Bextor singing Like a Prayer with the whole crowd joining in

Rick Astley singing Never Gonna Give You Up, and my son’s little face lighting up

Nova Twins running along the barrier in front of the Other Stage while delivering a truly blistering set (we were on the front row)

Worst:
Feeling unwell Fri night after Arctics finished

Edited by Miathedog

• 3 months later...

As we're coming up to ticket sale day can we bring back this thread? Love reading other peoples experiences of the weekend

Best.

1. Sitting at the Glastonbury sign looking over the farm for the very first time as the sun went down. So special! 

2. During Delilah at Fred Again when the whole crowd were just loving it. Remember thinking to myself I'll never be in that moment again, I took a little video and it's my favorite to look back on from the whole weekend. A golden hour set was just immaculate vibes

3. Hozier secret set and being so close to the front, hadn't saw him live until then and was blown away by his voice. 

Worst

1. Trying to get to Example on the Thursday night. Genuinely thought to myself fml is this what the whole weekend will be like just over crowded, busy and unable to get through the paths anywhere... Thankfully it wasn't 🙂 

• Upvote 1

Best.

1.  Sophie Ellis Bexter - her whole set was ace we didn’t go to see her on purpose really we just happened to be there. It was a joy.

2. The Weather - I loved every glorious sunny second of it.  Especially the occasional cloud break.

3.  Nova Twins - excellent.

Worse.

Lana Del Rey - I adore her music and was the act I was most looking forward to.  We all know what happened and it was a real big let down.  The resulting fall out with my group because I was being a Mard arse over it wasn’t fun either.  (Didn’t last long though).

Edited by Derby_Dave

Best

1. Finding an 8th of hash on the ground outside Mez Bar on Sunday morning
  2. Looking down the ground about 30 seconds later and finding another 8th of hash in the same packaging.
  3. Milkshake/Gravel Pit/Smells Like Teen Spirit mash up during the Kelis set

Worst

Leaving site/going home

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2023 at 2:28 PM, Miathedog said:

Best:

Sophie Ellis Bextor singing Like a Prayer with the whole crowd joining in

Rick Astley singing Never Gonna Give You Up, and my son’s little face lighting up

Nova Twins running along the barrier in front of the Other Stage while delivering a truly blistering set (we were on the front row)

Worst:
Feeling unwell Fri night after Arctics finished

I think everyone felt pretty meh after that Arctics set lol.

12 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Best

1. Finding an 8th of hash on the ground outside Mez Bar on Sunday morning
  2. Looking down the ground about 30 seconds later and finding another 8th of hash in the same packaging.
  3. Milkshake/Gravel Pit/Smells Like Teen Spirit mash up during the Kelis set

Worst

Leaving site/going home

If finding free hash twice was the beat moment of your 5 day Glastonbury Festival, you probably need to reassess going.